Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Mommamedulla
Registered Users
seller

Flying with Foonf

Hello mamas!

Has anyone here flown with their Clek Foonf? We have a trip coming up in June and bought dd a seat. She is rf in her Foonf, but knowing that it is 33" of space needed to rf I'm worried about it fitting in the seat on the plane. I plan on bringing the print out I have that explains the laws of having to provide a seat that the car seat will fit in if it doesn't fit in the assigned seat (I believe it's posted on the Car Seat Lady's website) but I really am hoping to avoid that hassle! Anyone here flown with their Foonf? ?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Mommamedulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Erinne
Registered Users

Re: Flying with Foonf

Does it have the FAA sticker on it? I assume they can't tell you you can't use it if it does. I usually put my seats in f****** on planes just to fit them better, and then since I'm next to them, it's fine if it crowds into my seat.

Um, I guess I need to spell out forward facing? Jeez, I knew we didn't like it, but I didn't realize it was considered a cuss word.

Last edited by Erinne; 04-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Erinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Mommamedulla
Registered Users
seller

Hahaha! That's too funny! It has the FAA sticker, and it can forward face, but then I have to remove the anti rebound bar and base wedge which is a pain in the rear, so I prefer her to rf. We will have a plane with two seats on one side and three on the other, so I chose us seats on the two seat side so it's just us. Hopefully that'll make it more pleasant!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Considering you have the absolute heaviest car seat on the market, I'd buy a light weight travel seat. Check car-seat.org for their article on travel seats. Some recommended ones ate coccoro, guide 65 and sureride but it depends on your kids age and size.

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
Chichidc
Registered Users
seller

There is a clek product called the Wheelie for trucking it around (airport, etc)
Chichidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
Mommamedulla
Registered Users
seller

I know it's heavy, but in my opinion it's the safest seat for my daughter, so I don't care about the weight. I've already figured out how to get it to, and then on and off the plane without a problem, I just wanted to know about fit once it's on the plane if anyone had already flown with one r******.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #7
megkmc
Registered Users

I haven't flown with a Foonf, so I can't answer that question. And I know you said you already figured out transporting it to and from the plane, I just want to warn you that once you get into the plane, you are going to have to carry the carseat over your head because it won't fit down the narrow plane isle if it is being rolled. The first time I flew with a carseat (a cosco scerena) I had my carseat and carryon (backpack) bungee corded on to a rolling luggage cart. Once I got to the aisle on the plane, I couldn't fit and had to stop traffic boarding the plane to unstrap my luggage and carseat and carry the carseat over the height of the plane seats.

As a funny aside, on the return flight I forgot my rolling cart at my sister's house. So when I boarded the plane I had my 4 year old wearing her own backpack, my 1 year old on my Ergo on my tummy, my backpack on my back, and a carseat being held over my head as I went down the aisle. It was way easier, plus it had the advantage of impressing all my fellow passengers.

I have never heard of changing seats in order to accommodate a carseat (but that doesn't mean it's not a thing!) Where would you be moved to? The bulk head? You can't go in the emergency exit rows.