Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #11
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Thanks ladies, I really appreciate the info. I will most likely have only one in a booster at a time for at least the next 4 years because DS is a but delayed and lacks the ability to sit still (he just turned 5) and my oldest is almost 9 so she will be moving out if a booster likely when he moved into one or before. Our current youngest likely won't be in a booster for another 4 years ) shes 2 1/2 and by that time DS will be 9 so may be ready to transition out of the booster but that is all several years off.

Advertisement

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #12
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Van/carseat compatability questions

With 4 kids you should be able to figure something out pretty easy. What is your budget for a van? I have had various late 90s era grand caravans and clones and by far prefer the 2 seat bench in the middle. It is tricky to get 3 in the back row in seats, but it can be done. If I were you and your budget were as small as mine always seems to be, that is what I would look for. Then you could put the 2 rear facers in the middle row, and easily access them to buckle. Forward facing harnessed seat in the back row passenger side if he needs help buckling, and booster on the other side. That way you can open passenger side, 2 yr old climb to her seat behind driver, buckle baby, buckle 5 yr old, and oldest can climb in and buckle herself. If you do end up with cPtains seats I would stow or take out one of the captains seats and try for a three across the back row, you could put one rf seat in the middle captains seat, one right behind that, and then your 5 yr old in the center (usually lap belt only) and oldest in the booster passenger side of the back seat.