Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
livelaughlove
Registered Users

What cat litter do you use?

I have three cats. I've been using Scoop Away, but the dust in the area where the two litter boxes are is overwhelming. I need something that would not produce so much dust. I am a little scared to change their litter, but am willing to at least try to cut down on the dust. Thanks.

Advertisement

livelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What cat litter do you use?

We use fresh step because we have tried other things and our cat hates them. I like the recycled newspaper litter for lack of mess, but our cat didn't like it. We were using yesterday's news brand.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the Arm and Hammer Natural clumping litter....no dust but it does track
Old 04-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
whitters
Registered Users
seller

We just recently put our litter box in a cabinet with a cat flap to keep the kids out, and we use Arm & Hammer super scoop which isn't particularly dusty. the number one way to cut down on dust is to use a litter lifter brand scoop (you don't have to shake the litter at all, it just glides through instantly). We tried the breeze litter system which is great if your cat will use it because the pellets are zero dust, but my older cat was to used to arm and hammer to make a consistent switch.
whitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

there is a brand in a bag, and it clumps and is so freeking cheap. I loved it. I think it was $6 a bag and was a blue bag with baking powder but not the bad scented kind where its toxic for cats. i wish I could recall name but havent had a cat in 2 yrs.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
mouse243
Registered Users

We switched to the breeze litter system several months ago and have been happy with it.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #7
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

I highly recommend Swheat Scoop. It is wheat and flushable, but you don't have to flush it. Minimal dust, if any, and it *almost* smells like bread baking when they pee.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:14 AM   #8
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I've been using fresh set for years. I like it because there is no cat pee or poop smell with it. The only time I notice dust is when I dump more litter in. I scoop daily and add more litter as needed.

Mama to Ethan

Last edited by kimb96; 05-01-2014 at 05:15 AM.
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #9
momof3boysNC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our cats are inside/outside cats now but in the beginning for the litter box we used Driz-it. It's available at Automotive stores and we've gotten it at Wal-mart.

My husband and his father are Mechanics. His family has used Driz-it for cat litter for a long time. In my opinion it works SO much better than the other stuff, it's not as dusty or perfumey. I grew up with cats and have experience with lots of brands of litter but Driz-it beats them all, I highly recommend it!!

**Driz-it is normally used for automotive spills but on the bag it lists different uses and one is for cat litter. Oh and it's more cost effective too, a big bag of Driz-it lasts a long time.
Due with monkey #6 in August
Etsy Shop
DS WAHM Page
momof3boysNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
Lizanne
Registered Users
seller

We've used Cedarific Natural Cedar Chips and loved it. I can't handle the dust either.
Lizanne is offline   Reply With Quote