Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dog hair everywhere!!

Okay. Bella is 8 months old now and I still haven't figured out how to keep a handle on the dog hair. We only have carpet in the bedroom and all the vacuum does on hardwood is blow it around. I have a dust mop but maybe I just need a better one. I'd love to have a vacuum that's made for hard floors/dog hair.

Any suggestions? I feel like there's a layer on lab hair on everything. LOl

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Dog hair everywhere!!

We have the same problem here with 2 husky mix dogs and their hair is everywhere. I have use both a dyson and electrolux vacuums and they both work pretty well but I find that I have to use the wand under things like the couch and along the walls to get it all. I also have to do it everyday to be somewhat hair free and still I have hair in my house. I so miss carpet when it comes to dog hair because hair and wood floors are a pain in the butt.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What food is your dog on?

Mine shed like crazy. I changed there diet ant it's not as bad.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
Ola_
Registered Users

We have a roomba but mostly use it on the carpeted areas cause that's the biggest pain in the butt. On the hardwood I usually drag out the central vac or use one of those cheap microfibre towels on a swiffer-type mop.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
She's on 4health grain free food.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well that's good. She's a pup still do most of that could be bc of loosing her baby fur. She will still shed but it won't be as bad in a couple of months.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #7
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Well that's good. She's a pup still do most of that could be bc of loosing her baby fur. She will still shed but it won't be as bad in a couple of months.
Oh that's refreshing to hear!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My parents lab sheds worse than any dog we have ever had. His hair is everywhere!! We still find it weeks after he has been to our house!
ambieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #9
jessilynn2890
Registered Users

you could try adding a fish oil supplement to her diet. the omega fatty acids are good for skin and coat, and do reduce shedding. other than that, a swiffer is my best friend on hardwood because the pads cling to that hair. if you're having issues with hair on furniture that isn't coming out with a vacuum, i have a rubber brush (mine is a horse one, actually, but anything rubber with little grippies on it will work). i scrub it in circles to pull all the hair up, then vacuum. any extra brushing you could manage would also help, obviously. i like to get the kids in on it 5 mins a day or even every other day would make a huge difference. i have to force myself to stay in a routine, because i can totally tell if i skip a few days.
jessilynn2890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #10
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessilynn2890 View Post
you could try adding a fish oil supplement to her diet. the omega fatty acids are good for skin and coat, and do reduce shedding. other than that, a swiffer is my best friend on hardwood because the pads cling to that hair. if you're having issues with hair on furniture that isn't coming out with a vacuum, i have a rubber brush (mine is a horse one, actually, but anything rubber with little grippies on it will work). i scrub it in circles to pull all the hair up, then vacuum. any extra brushing you could manage would also help, obviously. i like to get the kids in on it 5 mins a day or even every other day would make a huge difference. i have to force myself to stay in a routine, because i can totally tell if i skip a few days.
Is this something specific for dogs? Or just a people supplement? Do you have a suggestion on a particular brand to look for? I've never had a dog before (DH has but never an inside dog) and I still feel totally clueless.