Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
? for non vaxing mamas

I tried to find the non vaxing thread, but for some reason I keep overlooking it today . Anyway, how many of you non vaxers have had children that have gotten measles,mumps,rubella, etc. and what happened and how was it treated? I really want to stop getting my kids vax'd, but I'm a little nervous about it. Nobody in my family agrees with me and my mom keeps saying how my dad lost hearing in one ear from having mumps when he was a child and another realtive was pregnant when she got the mumps(15 yrs ago) and her daughter was born deaf. And is it true that polio is now called spinal menegitis? Any info would be appreciated!!!

Mom to Sophie 3/02, Lilly 10/05 and Jack 1/09
amanda1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
I had the CD wagon impounded!
My Mood:
Re: ? for non vaxing mamas

Get a book on homeopathy, it will explain things MUCH better than I can. I am getting my homeopathic remedies built up in our "medicine chest" to have on hand if/when something happens.

Our neighbors have never vax'd their 5 girls and are the healthiest people we know, it's amazing! Her girls have all had chicken pox and whooping cough but used homeopathic remedies to get through. As for the rest, I don't know anybody else who's had them.

And I was the one who said that our Doc said that polio has been renamed spinal menengitis that is not rare.
Brenda & Brian-Parents to: Tiffany 15, Claire 12, Keegan 8, Nathan 6, Teague 2, Charlotte 12 months
SAHM, HSing, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, babywearing, LDS, aspiring midwife and natural birthing mama
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: ? for non vaxing mamas

We have had chicken pox but never measles, mumos or rubella. they are pretty uncommon although there have been some small "outbreaks" in recent times.
Jenn mommy to Madison, Isaak, Marshall and Ireland
super women, super fun: The Cloth Diaper Connection
comfybuns is offline   Reply With Quote