Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
zobogo
Registered Users
seller

Diaper cream with a liner?

Will using a disposable diaper liner protect the diaper from diaper creams that are not cloth safe? It looks like a dryer sheet. We are just switching to CD & my DD has a persistent yeast diaper rash so I will need to use creams. No diaper safe creams are available in stores nearby so waiting on shipping. My DD is so sensitive to the chemicals in disposables - I'd rather get her out of them sooner if I can.

Thanks!

Advertisement

zobogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper cream with a liner?

I would use a cloth one. Do you have an old t-shirt or receiving blanket that you can cut up to fit in the diaper?
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
zobogo
Registered Users
seller

I do have receiving blankets I can cut up. I guess the disposable liners are just for poopy messes? I thought so but was hoping they could be dual purpose. Good thing I asked! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what are you using? I use monistat7, hydrocortisone, lotrimin with suedecloth with no issues. It's zinc oxide you have to worried about -- and even that you can use with cloth, just rub it in more. Fish Oil I would avoid with cloth at all costs.

remember to treat your diapers with yeast.

oh and depending what chemicals your dd is actually allergic to the gdiaper disposable inserts are just wood pulp. She may be okay in those.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests.[/FONT][/SIZE] Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 05-06-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I bought some fleece (from Joann's fabric) to cut into liners. It was really inexpensive, like $12 for TONS (also making wipes) I just bought some different remnants that they had marked way down. It was super easy i just cut it into the shape of the liners that i already had. No sewing at all. I plan to use those for when i need to use rash cream.(i have no baby yet, due in august) I have burts bees rash cream to use which i understand is cloth-safe-ish but the liner should keep it off the dipes mostly (you are probably using something different for yeast). I also have some flats that i used for burp rags with my older son that are really crappy so i don't mind using those as a barrier to the cream. Same as pp suggested about the receiving blankets, just something that you don't care about. Hopefully it works and you get out of sposies and the rash goes away.
MommaMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

The disposable liners work as well to protect from the zinc oxide rash creams.

Do people really use the same fleece they cut into liners as a wipe? I like my wipes to be absorbent.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
zobogo
Registered Users
seller

How do I treat the diapers for yeast? That is obviously a big concern. I was hoping this rash would clear up before moving to cloth but clearly that isn't happening.

We are alternating each diaper change between lotrimin & zinc oxide for the yeast. I ordered Motherlove diaper rash & thrush relief - it's cloth safe & hopefully will have better success with that than the lotrimin has. But it won't arrive until sometime next week

gdiapers disposable liners are the ones I have so hopefully she is ok with them.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are slightly differing schools of though on treating for yeast (check my sig for other posting). TO be absolutely sure the yeast is dead use bleach, sanitary cycle on machine and Grapefruit seed extract in the rinse cycle. We've been doing this for weeks to be sure. None of the diapers have died yet.

My dr just recommended hydrocodone and the yeast rash was almost gone this morning after one application. Ill have to check it after daycare and see how it faired today. I got the 1%, its the steroid treatment that dr will give a higher dose of if you get a prescription. I so wish I knew this awhile ago.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests.[/FONT][/SIZE] Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:59 AM   #9
zobogo
Registered Users
seller

Oh I may have to call the doc again. We've been treating for yeast for a full month now! Every morning the past week, it is almost gone but 2 or 3 diaper changes during the day it comes roaring back

Thanks for all the yeast treatment info - this will be my reminder to read through signatures! Washing with bleach makes me so nervous :-/
Old 05-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont like washing with bleach.. I normally don't even for yeast but I had to be sure that she wasn't getting reinfected since the yeast wasn't cleaning up... hot water is a big key to which is why I say sanitary cycle.. if you have a top loader, turn up your water heater (though be sure to turn it down).

Do you continue to treat for yeast for a few days passed when it appears cleared up? I've read that everywhere and my dr said it too. Also if you haven't been treating the diapers that could be the cause of it coming back as well.

BTW the the monistat does clear it up and its just coming back -- I would continue just using that for at least 2 days after it clears after treating the diapers for yeast. Why expose the LO to steroids if you don't have to.