Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #11
1healthylady
Registered Users

Re: I want to be team green....

We were team green the first time and again this go round. I thought it was funny watching other people get frustrated because we weren't finding out. We certainly aren't changing our minds for them! It definitely gave more motivation toward the end of labor. I was ready to find out who was joining our family!
I'm in a similar situation with the circumcision decision. I really don't want it. DH wants it. Last time I told him he gets the ultimate say because he's the guy, but I want to retract that this time. Luckily our first was a girl so we didn't have to have the debate after the birth. We've briefly brought up the topic this time. He said he wants it done, I said I know, but I'm still not comfortable with it, and we left it there. If it's a boy I'm hoping to stall the procedure as long as possible. Insurance covers it during the first year of life, so really there's no rush.

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #12
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were team green with all three of our kids. I wouldn't' have it any other way. DH wanted to know with #1 but I didn't so we didn't and then he didn't want to find out with the other two.

I went back and forth with #3 for a bit but DH said he really didn't want to know and I am so glad we waited.

As for the circ---good luck with your decision.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #13
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

Circ is not a decision for me....just trying to decide if I want to be team green, meaning we have to have the circ argument no matter what, or find out, and then only worry about it if we have to...because I am not going to leave that for after baby is born. DH is getting a V after this baby.

I just got to educate my BIL about circ. the other day as he just found out he has a 6 month old son and he was worried b/c baby wasn't circumsized.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #14
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

I want to be team green because I never have, and there is already enough external "are you gunna try for a boy" from family and strangers, and I don't wasn't to subject my girls to that. And they are always with me. Plus, I don't like pink or sports, and I am setting up a Montessori nursery, so most mainstream baby gifts are not likely to get used here...
Old 05-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #15
seacat
Registered Users
seller

We were team green with our second and it was a lot of fun so, we are doing it again with this one. It does annoy people and its kind of funny. It also really helped get me through a long labor wondering who it was going to be.

On the circ thing my husband and I agree to disagree with our first and that we would have it done outpatient, so that removed the argument post birth. After coming home I think he literally forgot about it and mentioned it a week later I brushed it off and once he saw it was no big thing he never mentioned it again. Second boy no issue.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #16
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
We were team green with our second and it was a lot of fun so, we are doing it again with this one. It does annoy people and its kind of funny. It also really helped get me through a long labor wondering who it was going to be.

On the circ thing my husband and I agree to disagree with our first and that we would have it done outpatient, so that removed the argument post birth. After coming home I think he literally forgot about it and mentioned it a week later I brushed it off and once he saw it was no big thing he never mentioned it again. Second boy no issue.
If I can just get my DH to understand that this is something that I have researched and know what I am talking about, then it would be fine. That is what has happened with vaccinations, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, and every other way I don't follow the crowd. He is just taking this more personally..
Old 05-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #17
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It took my DH a while to come around...our 1st is circumcised...I hadn't done my research at that point...all of the other 3 boys are not. That was a bit of a battle too b/c he was worries about one boy being 'different'.

We were team green for #5...not sure this time around...we only have 1 girl so everyone will be asking if we want a girl...if I'm team green I can avoid that answer til baby is here. However, my daughter really wants a sister and I secretly want a girl...don't know if I can do team green again...
Old 05-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #18
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
It took my DH a while to come around...our 1st is circumcised...I hadn't done my research at that point...all of the other 3 boys are not. That was a bit of a battle too b/c he was worries about one boy being 'different'.

We were team green for #5...not sure this time around...we only have 1 girl so everyone will be asking if we want a girl...if I'm team green I can avoid that answer til baby is here. However, my daughter really wants a sister and I secretly want a girl...don't know if I can do team green again...
I want a boy, but I just don't want my girls to think there is anything wrong with having all girls, or that my life will be totally lacking if I only have girls.

My only worry for having another girl is that I won't feel "done", and DH has said he will be done after this no matter what. But I think that being team green will make it more interesting, and make this last pregnancy more fun, and unique from the others either way, where if I find out at 20 weeks that it is a girl, the rest might get a bit dull.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was green team with all four. The only issue I had was meddlesome family members lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #20
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulMariposa View Post
If I can just get my DH to understand that this is something that I have researched and know what I am talking about, then it would be fine. That is what has happened with vaccinations, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, and every other way I don't follow the crowd. He is just taking this more personally..
My DH's response to my research was that he's a guy, he's talked to his guy friends, and the experience isn't something that we moms can get from doing research online. I see his point. It doesn't make it right, but I can understand where he's coming from. Which is why last time I told him he got the ultimate decision. I was tired of talking about it. He says his friends who aren't circ'd wish they were, and the ones who are are glad they are. He says it's a cleanliness thing.

I'm willing to wait this one out. I'm hoping for an experience like seacat! Taking care of a newborn while on bedrest was hard enough, I can't imagine adding just one more thing to have to clean and take care of immediately following birth. Plus all the other factors. If I can just convince him to wait at least a week after the birth then I'll feel better about the 'decision,' or lack thereof. Then maybe we can just put it off and he'll realize it's not actually necessary. ;-)