Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #21
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Re: I want to be team green....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulMariposa View Post
I want a boy, but I just don't want my girls to think there is anything wrong with having all girls, or that my life will be totally lacking if I only have girls.

My only worry for having another girl is that I won't feel "done", and DH has said he will be done after this no matter what. But I think that being team green will make it more interesting, and make this last pregnancy more fun, and unique from the others either way, where if I find out at 20 weeks that it is a girl, the rest might get a bit dull.

I have two boys and everyone knew I really wanted a girl. I did find out, because I have ZERO patience, but I waited to tell everyone I was pregnant until I found out. That way I didn't get the "don't you hope it's a girl?" It is (yay) and it's been fun buying lots of girly things I've never gotten to buy before. I felt better knowing ahead of time, because I was afraid of it coming out as a boy and me breaking down and crying (since it's the last one). I guess I felt like if I knew, then I could prepare myself. But I think it's different for everyone. Try not to let anyone bug you about it, and just make a big deal about how great it is that your girls will all be big sisters. I don't think they'll notice.

Advertisement

imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #22
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotacodfish View Post

I have two boys and everyone knew I really wanted a girl. I did find out, because I have ZERO patience, but I waited to tell everyone I was pregnant until I found out. That way I didn't get the "don't you hope it's a girl?" It is (yay) and it's been fun buying lots of girly things I've never gotten to buy before. I felt better knowing ahead of time, because I was afraid of it coming out as a boy and me breaking down and crying (since it's the last one). I guess I felt like if I knew, then I could prepare myself. But I think it's different for everyone. Try not to let anyone bug you about it, and just make a big deal about how great it is that your girls will all be big sisters. I don't think they'll notice.
I am in the exact same situation right now, only I don't want to find out what we're having. I have my u/s Tuesday and I am so torn about it but I don't want to share and I know I can't keep a secret either. DH and I also both had mini meltdowns when we found out #2 was a boy and I don't want to have to go through that again!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #23
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

DH and I discussed it yesterday and he is 100% on board for no circ! and wishes he hadn't been circ'd either. So, that worry is out of the way! We also talked about team green and decided if it is twins we will find out, but if it is a single baby we will be team green
Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #24
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulMariposa View Post
DH and I discussed it yesterday and he is 100% on board for no circ! and wishes he hadn't been circ'd either. So, that worry is out of the way! We also talked about team green and decided if it is twins we will find out, but if it is a single baby we will be team green
Yay!! So good when you can be on the same page!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #25
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotacodfish View Post
That is a good idea...don't know if we can keep quiet for that long.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #26
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

I worry about being upset if it is a girl at birth, too, because I do want a boy...maybe I should just find out...lol. Plus I sparkly-heart love all shades of purple, so if it IS a girl I would want to have purple diapers....DH isn't 100% sold on team green either. I just hate how much emphasis is put on gender! At least I have plenty of time to change my mind back and forth before I really have to decide. I will probably have the ultrasound tech put the gender in an envelope, then maybe I can do a gender reveal if I decide I need to know so I can find out with friends and family...
Old 06-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #27
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Green team is not finding out the sex of the baby. Green means neutral color

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #28
Krissycola89
Registered Users

I'm team green and am not circ if baby is a boy. I have a DS who is 5 & DD who is 3 and I did find out gender both times with them. My DS is circ even tho I was against it. I let DH win the argument that time around. This time I'm holding my ground. I even said the only way I will discuss a circ is if he actually watches a video I found while doing research of an infant having the procedure and he won't watch it so if baby is a boy, I'm not circ this time around.
Krissycola89 is offline   Reply With Quote