Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
i just spent $290 on a seat i hate :(

I just got a britax pavilion for my 2 yr 4 month old ds and i hate it!

I love britax for their ease of use n all that jazz BUT i tried installing it rf i am having a hard timegetting clamp clamped, but mainly it is SO up right n i can already tell its going to be difficult getting him in and out... i almost wish i had gotten him a roundabout...

I had a diono radian rxt i sold, i could ONLY get it properly installed with a mighty tight. And they are hard to undo for some reason.. but i dont like using extra gadgets to get seats properly installed since ur not really suppose to... i know they say its ok to use pool noodles but should i try that?

Either way ds only has like an inch or so untill he reached the 1 inch head rule...

I have a pinnacle 90 i love for dd but i had intended to rf ds longer... idk wut to do but im bummed i wasted all that money, even if i sell it now i wont get all the money back and it was a lot of money

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: i just spent $290 on a seat i hate :(

Can you take it back?
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I ttook the tags off n i ordered it from diapers.com so no.. they only return unopened things
Old 05-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would use a pool noodle fore sure.

Also are you taking about the blue lock off in the belt path? I don't know that you have to use the lock off if your seat belts lock. Do your seat belts lock?

Also for mine (dd is 22 months r****** in a britax advocate) I do have to get on top of the seat to put weight on it to get the belt tight then I leave like an extra inch (while pressing down weight on the seat) of slack & clasp the blue belt path lock off then when I let go it is super snug.

Hope this helps you
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Yes, you can use a pool noodle, and also remember that you fasten the lockoff before you tighten the seatbelt. I hope that you are able to enjoy your new seat!
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #6
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My seat belts dont lock, so i need to use the lock offs.
I used a blanket rolled up and (after sweating n swearing with my big prego belly) i got the lock offs clamped! The recline is a little bit better now...

I was wanting to get ds to rf to 4 yrs but i dont think it is guna happen in this seat... im not even sure he can make it to 3! Hes not that big either very average.. but kinda a longer torso... i will probably use this for a little while but im kinda anticipating needing a new seat before i turn him ff, in which case ill be getting a frontier or pinnacle 90.. love that seat for dd!

I thought for sure this seat would last longer, i live in a small place with very minimal carseat places to actually check any out
Old 05-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What vehicle do you have? (year, make, model)?

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #8
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a chrysler town and country, 1999.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #9
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma
I have a chrysler town and country, 1999.
I have a 1997 ford f250 and my seat belts lock off but I didn't find that out until I pulled the seat belt all the way out. Have you tried that?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #10
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ya i tried pulling them out all the way, buckled and unbuckled. And i tried pulling them fast like if they got jerked in a crash, nothing.