Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #11
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
It is nOrmal. My boy could be eatng in his sleep and does most of time. We co sleep soi get sleep too. Be had gotten better though. I thiNk for long timei Just say on couch and ate meals. ....

Advertisement

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 05-26-2014 at 12:42 PM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #12
v1cky84
Registered Users
seller

Re: Time between nursing sessions?

Newborns do eat that often and can be even more often during growth spurt periods. Hang in there!!! It WILL get better!!!
v1cky84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #13
somebodysmama
Registered Users
seller

My daughter was full term but in the nicu for a month due to a brain malformation and only started nursing at 3 weeks (tube fed BM prior to being on the breast). She was still under birth weight when she was released so I nursed her as often as she'd take the boob- often every 30 minutes! I know how exhausting it can be. she still nurses probably every 90 minutes but I love nursing her and don't mind!
somebodysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #14
organiclovingmom
Registered Users

She nurses about every 3 hours,nursed about every 2 hours when she was first born.
organiclovingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #15
Ophelialove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 1st two did every 2 more more until a year...even after solids. They never spaced out until they were really walking & too busy to try. They were porky pants though, so perhaps that is why. LOL

This little one is not as avid, but nursing every two can be the way a baby stays. The good news is that you also get used to it. Adjusting to that level of interaction & demand is a tough transition...but once you get there, it isn't such a big deal.
Ophelialove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #16
lapedestrienne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every 2 hours is totally normal for the 4th trimester. My doctors encouraged feeding at least that often the first few weeks because LO had a really hard time gaining weight at first.

He is ~14 weeks now and spaces his feedings more (he's a busy body and wants to spend all his awake time rolling around on the floor and playing)--the downside is that I get crazy engorged! I don't time feedings anymore, but I'd say he eats more like every 3 hours, maybe 4 sometimes.
lapedestrienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #17
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Equally normal are for babies to be able to go 3 hours between feedings at 2 months.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:58 AM   #18
Ophelialove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
Equally normal are for babies to be able to go 3 hours between feedings at 2 months.
I would agree that is totally normal, but in all the nursing friends/family I have had around, I would say it is not what would be typical/common or anything you should expect at that age. Well in general, you shouldn't "expect" anything, as we all have learned that the minute you do, they do something totally different anyway. :P
Ophelialove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #19
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelialove View Post
I would agree that is totally normal, but in all the nursing friends/family I have had around, I would say it is not what would be typical/common or anything you should expect at that age. Well in general, you shouldn't "expect" anything, as we all have learned that the minute you do, they do something totally different anyway. :P
Depends on how you do things All of mine were on 3 hour feedings at 8 weeks. All of my friends' were too, that's 39 babies in total, including my preemie. Most NICU babies are doing 3 hours also.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #20
cdiluv
Registered Users

My LO nursed very often at that age and even more often during growth spurts. Hang in there! You're doing the best for your baby. Sleep deprivation is tough, but it will get better. We co-slept and still do. It's great because neither of us have to "fully" wake up for her to nurse. She'll go longer stretches at night soon. I found that my little girl would cluster feed in the evenings for several hours (6-10ish). Then she would sleep for a longer stretch after that. Good luck!
cdiluv is offline   Reply With Quote