Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2014, 04:49 AM   #1
tinymama
Registered Users
seller

Mama's sinus problems = DECREASED SUPPLY?

I have had a double ear infection, sore throat, and horrid cold in the last 6 days.
Now my supply is WAAAAY down.

I started antibiotics FridayPM. I went to pump SaturdayAM and only got a few drops. Called LLL, started Fenugreek and Mama's milk tea to boost supply. Pumped SundayAM...still only a few drops!

Baby is "nursing" but not swallowing much. I am so sad this may be the end our or BF'ing journey. Has anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement

tinymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
brikee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mama's sinus problems = DECREASED SUPPLY?

Continue to pump! I hear it takes about 24 hours for the body to get the signal and start producing more milk. Don't give up though and keep pumping/nursing. Also drink a lot of liquids and continue fenugreek.
brikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
tinymama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mama's sinus problems = DECREASED SUPPLY?

Thank you for the encouragement, brikee, I will keep at it

I guess my issues are due to swimmer's ear and I now have drops that should clear it up within 4 days. When I asked the urgent care doc about milk supply today his reaction was "Why in the world are you nursing a 16--month old??" He actually thought in all sincerity that 16 months is too long for any mother's supply to last, infection or not, and that it was "simply time to be done" adding further that I should be glad for the decrease otherwise "she would never wean!!". Ughhh...so many in the medical field are still not aware of the benefits of extended nursing. Glad I am not, but hopeful I will try to be and see if we can get things going a bit more over the next few days.
tinymama is offline   Reply With Quote