Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
sunshinemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is this normal?

DS is EBF. For about the last week he hasn't had a poopy diaper everyday. There were several days in a row he had none. the last 2 days he's had full diapers like he's finally cleaning out his system. He's just turned 4 mo and I can't remember how things went with ds1. Is it normal? I'm thinking it could have been attributed to the stress in the house this last 2 weeks.

Advertisement

sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this normal?

I think thats perfectly normal, my ped said so too with both my boys, diff peds. I think they each once went 7 or 8 days and wow!! but usually every 3 days or so until other foods entered their systems.

hth,
heidi
Old 06-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I remember after the kids were about 4 weeks+ they started on going about once every several days. I think it's normal, pretty gross though, those diaper blowouts are deadly I always knew when one was coming cause the day before he would have the stinkiest gas
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #4
sunshinemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've noticed the stinky toots! I've been blaming them on DF but turns out they are from ds2. lol Good to know it's normal. He had daily poops until a couple of weeks ago. Thanks mamas
sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think it's norlam as well. My oldest dd would do that too, it was just typical of her right around the same age. And now that I think about it my 4.5 m/o is now doing the same thing.

Ya just gotta watch out for those days when they do have a BM- YIKES!!!
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Gosh, it seems like forever since I had to deal with that haha but as I recall its pretty normal. makes blow out diapers really icky and Lord knows I dont miss them a bit. haha
Old 06-20-2006, 10:19 PM   #7
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Def. normal! DD's poos went from 3x/day to nothing for 5 days!!! The holistic ped said it's normal and to let nature take its course, but then DD started crying all the time. Once she started to hurt from not pooping, I had to do something. I gave her an oz. of organic prune juice (half before and half after) BFing once and she was cleared out by the next day. Haven't had to use it since! Other than that, ped. only suggested tummy massage, a warm bath...nothing that really helped.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #8
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Both my girls easily went 3-4 days without a poo and then when they went it was a doozy! They did that for a few months then settled out to a more regular every other day or so after they started solids.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:39 AM   #9
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

there was a mom in my mom/tot group who's baby went 22 days!! the dr. said it was normal and ok for an EBF baby to do this. when she did it was a big one!! then it was 15 days till the next one!!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 AM   #10
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Jude only went every 2-2 1/2 weeks, once but oh man, watch out on that day lol!!!! The grils were every 4 or 5 days I think. Sounds normal to me!