View Poll Results: Which Boppy do You use?
Original 14 66.67%
Bare Naked 1 4.76%
Other 2 9.52%
Other Brand 5 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #11
Crunchy Kaley
Registered Users

I HATED the boppy! The way it wrapped around always cause it to push out from my body and baby would fall in a crevice and it wasn't nearly thick enough to get the baby positioned correctly. Shortly after my LO was born I purchased the La Luna and it has been so much better. It is thick and has a less dramatic curve so it doesn't push away from your body. It is great because you can also use it as a maternity pillow and for propping the baby. I am petite though so maybe that is why I struggled with the boppy so much.

Advertisement

Crunchy Kaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
Chibirsd
Registered Users
seller

I prefer my breast friend for actual feeding but the boppy is great for propping , tummy time , and helping a newly sitting baby stay up. I have one of each this time around. I got one with a slip cover ( actual boppy brand ) for 25.99 at Ross. Cheapest I have seen it !
Chibirsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #13
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: FTM looking for Boppy Opinions

Have never been able to nurse any of my 5 without a boppy. We love them! Also helps with beginning sitters.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #14
mugsywebb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraley View Post
I used mine for nursing and always had a hard time nursing without it. I also used it to put around DS when he was just sitting up and would still fall sometimes so he would fall on the boppy instead of floor

all of this. i had a larger chest and had a hard time with holds in the beginning and a boppy was my lifesaver. plus my LO loved to do tummy time stuff on the boppy periodlically vs the floor. guess he liked to be up higher with his reflux.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65746_182347608448417_2917486_n.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	168561  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #15
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have had a boppy with each of my 3 children thanks to well meaning friends and family. However, other than taking up space in my small homes I have found them to be of no use to me. I have a short torso. They would take up so much space between my lap and my breasts that baby was then laying above my breasts. So for nursing they were a no go. For helping my kids to sit I found them to be useless. The above poster's baby obviously likes them for tummy time. For my kids they found it frustrating as they then could not reach their toys.

If possible I would wait until baby is born. Then try out a friends boppy to see if you actually even like them.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 06-04-2014 at 09:08 AM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have two, both handed down from my SIL. I have mixed feelings about them...I used them nursing b/c that's what you're supposed to do, but they weren't great for me. My babies were little & my torso long, so I used a Boppy w/ a bed pillow on top to get them at the right level. Once we got past that stage, I only used it to lay babies in so they didn't roll off the couch, or to support new sitters.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #17
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Boppy got flat over time and didn't hold the baby in the right position.

For the last 4 kids, I've been using a Nurse EZ nursing pillow. They're intended for twins, but I like the extra room, especially when baby gets older. I've had my pillow for about 12 years. I don't even know if they're still available to purchase anymore.

Mama to 5: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and expecting someone new 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #18
mommyegon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a regular pillow at home. Out and about... Just use mommy biceps (haha!). Although the Boppy has been nice to prop DD up in periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
mommyegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #19
2orangecats
Registered Users
seller

I also preferred Brest friend for nursing but use the boppy for all kinds of other things that folks have mentioned...propping up the baby, etc
2orangecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #20
RebeccaRN
Registered Users

Loved my Boppy and my 3 year old will only use it as a pillow still. So we definitely got our money's worth. I always used a breast feeding pillow.
RebeccaRN is offline   Reply With Quote