Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Poll: infant Bucket SIP

I am purchasing a new infant seat for our girl coming in September. I have it narrowed down to the Nuna Pipa or the Aton Q. Each has it's own advantages: size for the aton and dream drape for the pipa. The both have the load leg. So it comes down to a battle of the side impact protection. In your "opinion" (because we know there is no hard data to back it up), which do you think would fair better in an outboard position where this will be installed: the Aton Q with it's telescoping side impact absorber (which they report reduces head excursion by 40%) but flexible latch OR the pipa with no fancy shell SIP (although it does have your basic head wings and foam inside) but has rigid latch?

Please tell me which you would choose (telescoping SIP or rigid latch) and why your gut picked that one.

Thanks!

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I haven't tried either in person, but I use the Aton (regular, not Q) when I babysit my nephew and it is wonderful! If I was in the market for a luxury infant seat I would probaby choose the Aton Q out of those 2. There are very few complaints I have about the Aton. The harness does get twisted occasionally and the harness pads were too long when my DN was a newborn and had to be removed for a while. Other than that the look, feel, ease of use, minimal front to back space are great!