Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #11
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Re: self-weaning?? Updated 6.9

Many times you just feel like your supply is gone but it's because your body has FINALLY gotten used to making the milk needed. As for the self weaning. I too agree that it's PROBABLY NOT that. I had the SAME trouble with my dd around the ages of 11-14 months. It was horrible at times. I also pumped and offered a lot. I started drinking more water and that REALLY helped. It does create a circle if they don't nurse and then you lose your supply. PUMP PUMP PUMP and dont' give that to them unless in a sippy but "I" wouldn't do that even I just save it.

I held on and kept offering and ONLY nursed in the quiet and DARK places with NOTHING around. ANYTHING would get her distracted. She dropped to about 3 or 4 sessions a day and that's where she's at now unless we're home all day and bored. LOL
I'd def. hang in there. She needs it now more than she realized then, KWIM? I think they just get to learning about the world and don't wanna stop to nurse. Hang in there you will do fine. I'd just pump whenever you can at least around the normal feeding times and make sure you drink plenty of water. Also try all the normal gettem' back to the breast things: baths, sleeping, etc.

LMK if you have any questions you can also pm I had a hard time during this distraction time and I really thought she was weaning but after TONS of reasearch I found that she was Probably just on a strike as many toddlers go through one at this age and MANY women think they are weaning. Good luck!

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #12
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

That age of mobility is really hard, but really limit the solids and all other sucking and he will come back. Self-weaning usually ahppens around 2-4 years old. My daughter self-weaned at 22 months and I knew because she said to me, "mama, no nack. I big now."
Old 06-12-2007, 08:24 AM   #13
mommyto2presidents
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, my LC just told me to use the supplements I have, pump and try to nurse him sitting up. She said if he doesn't show interest in nursing in the next week, I've probably lost him... So did any of you (or know of anyone) who's dc didn't nurse AT ALL (we're on a few weeks now) and then came back to it? I don't want to not put in the effort, but I also don't want it to be for nothing if he just doesn't want to nurse anymore. I'm just SOOO sad...