Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Jordan~&~Jenna's~mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Bloody show?

I am 36 wks, due june 30. Yesterday I lost a lot of my mucous plug (posted about it yesterday). Now today, I was feeling something and went to the bathroom to check and it was a lot more mucous but today it's with blood in it (TMI made all the mucous globs look pinkish from the blood).

I read online that when occompanied by blood, labor is surely near.. hours to days... is that right? I had a dr apt yesterday and was only 1cm dilated... so WOW... did my organizing for the garage sale tomorrow get something started here? No contrax just yet... but should I expect them soon? I had bloody show with my DD last yr but I was welllll into labor with her when that started... so I'm confused now. I'm so anxious... is this the start of things to come soon??

I have MIL on alert to fly in when she gets my call... we know no one out here to watch the kids if I go into labor and I'd hate to go it all alone while DH is at home with the kiddos.

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bloody show?

I had a similar experience @ 35 weeks & 37 weeks, but both times contractions started almost immediately. At 35 weeks they stopped it, but at 37 weeks they did an amnio, found out her lungs were mature and went ahead and did my repeat c/s.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm no idea ... I was having contractions when I started having bloody show with DD#1. And it scared the jeebus out of me too. Sorry I'm not much help...

Oh and I envy you... I still have no clue on earth what we'll do with DD#1. My family is 1600 miles away in Nevada.

Last edited by ferrferr; 06-01-2007 at 04:48 PM.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You may still have a while, watch that your water isn;t leaking. . . . . if it is you need to track your temp and watch for signs of infection

It might still be a few weeks

The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never lost my mucous plug to the best of my knowledge. My water broke at 12:30am or so and contrax came on right after that at 5-6 minutes apart. I didn't have bloody show until around 6:30am and then I called my OB and they told me to come in (water had broken and I was groupo B strep +). I was only 1cm when I went in though.

My answer...there's no rhyme or reason to the whole thing.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven
Registered Users

My Mood:

Also its possible there is blood from being checked yesterday. I do think as a rule if its a bloody show that labor isn't too far off. I lost my plug, it had blood in it too, on a Thursday or Friday with my oldest(I cant remember which day it was but i know i drove my brother to the dentist for my mom so it was a week day, I lost my plug when i went to the bathroom in their office, LOL) I had an apt that following Monday and was dialted 4 cm and 90% effaced already! I wasn't in labor but I developed PreE really bad at that point so they checked me into the hospital and induced me the next day. Even though i didn't go into labor on my own, seeing as though I was 4 cm already though I know labor couldn't have been too far off! So it could be hours or days. I lasted at least Friday-Tuesday. I think i heard your plug can regenerate itself? So sometimes it can be longer.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was 4 cm for 4 weeks before I went into labor. . .. it really doesn't mean ANYTHING. . . just relax and enjoy these last few days/weeks of being pregnant.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #8
mary.margaret
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I asked my OB about mucous plugs, he said, "Yeah, it plugs your cervix. If your cervix has started dilating, you don't have a plug left."

I don't know how true this is, but it makes sense! I was 3.5cm dilated from 34-37 weeks with my first, then finally delivered at 37 weeks. Most people couldn't believe I was walking around over 3cm dilated for 3 weeks. My water broke which started contractions, but I didn't have a bloody show at the end.

You might be super close or still have a few weeks left. I know - it's frustrating at this point to be in the waiting game!!!!!!!!!!

Mary-Margaret
Old 06-02-2007, 01:31 AM   #9
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Bloody show does mean labor will start soon. What "soon" is probably varies. I know for me that every time I have had bloody show, I have gone into labor and had a baby within 24 hours. The only exception was ds. I had variations of bloody show on & off for a week.. maybe 4 days. I went to the doctor and I was dilated 5/6 cms, but not having contractions even sorta close together. I was induced.

I think being dilated does not mean labor would be soon, but with bloody show I am sure that you are getting very close!!

Keep us posted!
Kaydee
ClothDiaperingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:36 AM   #10
sweetirishCT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, so, coming from an LDRP nurse:
the blood could be from your exam yesterday OR it could be because you are dilating. Basically, anything that 'irritates' the cervix could cause the bloody show. Vigorous sex? could do it too... Labor may be beginning, but then again it may not. you can walk around a couple cm's dilated for a week or more...
Don't ya just LOVE the human body??