Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
Divalicious Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is it possible to not know you're pregnant?

What is the likelihood that a mother wouldn't know she was pregnant? Is it possible to get negative pregnancy and blood tests and still have a period and be pregnant? Has this ever happened to anyone here? I'm just curious...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using diaperswappers.com mobile app

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is it possible to not know you're pregnant?

I would say being PG and having a neg PG test is more likely then having a neg blood test and still being PG. I have heard of women who get their AF all throughout their pregnancy, but its just a lighter one. I watched that show "I didn't know I was PG" on tv a couple times where the moms didn't know they were PG til they delivered their full term baby (it think one woman had twins ) So anything is possible, I can't imagine not knowing a full term baby was inside me but to each his own I guess If you are having symptoms and that is why you think you are PG but everything else is pointing to not being PG then you prob aren't. I know I've had quite a few mths when I was REALLY wanting to be PG so bad I would convince myself of all kinds of symptoms. If you had what seemed like spotting and not a full on AF that could be some O spotting or implant spotting. I know I have had some mid-cycle bleeding which throws my O WAY off. Hope that helps
Old 06-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
Divalicious Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh no, I don't think I'm pregnant, lol. I was just reading a story the other day and got curious if anyone had ever had experience with it. :-)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using diaperswappers.com mobile app
Old 06-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not personally...but I too have watched the show the PP talked about so it must be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 06-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
I would say being PG and having a neg PG test is more likely then having a neg blood test and still being PG. I have heard of women who get their AF all throughout their pregnancy, but its just a lighter one. I watched that show "I didn't know I was PG" on tv a couple times where the moms didn't know they were PG til they delivered their full term baby (it think one woman had twins ) So anything is possible, I can't imagine not knowing a full term baby was inside me but to each his own I guess If you are having symptoms and that is why you think you are PG but everything else is pointing to not being PG then you prob aren't. I know I've had quite a few mths when I was REALLY wanting to be PG so bad I would convince myself of all kinds of symptoms. If you had what seemed like spotting and not a full on AF that could be some O spotting or implant spotting. I know I have had some mid-cycle bleeding which throws my O WAY off. Hope that helps
The one with twins had a medical issue in flair during her pregnancy that affected her ability to feel most of her abdomen. I can't remember what it was, but she had preemie twins, not full term.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah i have seen that show too, it's a total crack up. I do have to say that with my first i was 23, had a positive test, then bled, so i thought miscarriage. Wasn't till i was about 12ish weeks along that i realized that it wasn't a miscarriage and that i was still pregnant. being young and dumb (just me, not all young women ) kept me from going to the doc to be sure. I could not imagine not knowing but my symptoms are intense, maybe if you had a very easy go at pregnancy it wouldn't be obvious. I get heartburn and im like "must be preggo"..but that's just me...Who knows...
MommaMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:02 PM   #7
Momster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't imagine not knowing, since there are so many signs. I have never known anyone but I guess it is possible.
Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #8
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
A family friend didn't know she was pregnant until about 25 weeks in.

She is kind of ditzy. She wasn't keeping track of her periods.

She was getting big and just thought she was gaining weight. And the kicks she thought was just gas.

Her mom was the one that told her to test.

And she's had two kids before so this wasn't an unknown thing.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:50 AM   #9
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have always had a blood test to see as the pee things never worked for me.

all of the above in prats I have heard but not all together.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #10
1healthylady
Registered Users

I know of someone who didn't find out until 6 months. Her periods were irregular because she was nearing menopause. She was heavier set, so I guess that made the growth and kicks not as obvious. She had also been told many years before that she could never get pregnant. Surprise!