Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #11
My Mood:
Re: Is it possible to not know you're pregnant?

I could see how it could happen with my current pregnancy, if I didn't take a test. I'm 18 weeks along now and haven't had any symptoms except a bunch of bloating early on. I'm feeling movement, but I'm LOOKING for the movement. If I wasn't aware of my little inner child, I could still easily pass off the movements as digestive issues.

Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
Usborne Books & More - NO sales minimums!
New titles October 2015!
Coop HERE for Usborne, 33% off!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #12
Registered Users

I know someone who didn't know until she was 7 months. She is a bigger girl, which seems to be the case with most of the "I didn't know" cases. Maybe you don't feel it as much when you are bigger round.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I could understand it... if your periods are irregular, or maybe you bleed during pregnancy (I have a couple friends who got "periods" through their entire pregnancies).

If you have an anterior placenta, it can disguise any movement until well into your 2nd trimester (I think I felt my first real kicks with DD2 when I was around the 20-ish week mark, as she had an anterior placenta... and that was only because I was really really watching for them). Or... kiddo might not be real active.

If you carry small, you might not notice weight gain (have a cousin where, literally, no one knew until she gave birth in her mom's bathroom).

I've also had friends who got negative preg tests every time they peed on one... including *while* they were in labor.

So yeah... there's enough variation in the world that I'm sure it could legitimately happen.
Grateful mama to earth-baby DD2 (9/2011)
missing spirit-baby DD1 (9/2009, 3rd trimester) and the little ones who only stayed a few weeks

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:19 PM   #14
Registered Users

I made it to twenty weeks before I discovered my first pregnancy.

I have PCOS and irregular periods - only 3-4 per year. So it was not uncommon for me to go months without bleeding, and I did have bleeding in the first trimester that I assumed was a period. I had stopped taking pregnancy tests on a regular basis because I was tired of being so disheartened by all the negatives.

I had no symptoms. I never had morning sickness. I had a mammogram around week 5 and attributed some breast tenderness to that. I traveled a lot weeks 10-13, back and forth from coast to coast, and was a bit jet lagged but not bad.

I was taking metformin to help me get pregnant (started right after I unknowingly conceived) which causes a lot of weird abdominal discomfort. I didn't gain any weight. I didn't feel movement until week 22. I'm small to average size, but even when I went in for my first prenatal visit, my doctor assumed I was only 6-8 weeks along because she didn't think I looked pregnant.

I don't know when I would have figured it out had I not had an infertility workup scheduled, and two days before the appointment I had a dream that made me think I should take a test before I went in. And I'm kind of stumped at how any of it happened in the first place, because with this pregnancy I knew right away - I just knew that my body felt different.
Purplecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:29 PM   #15
Registered Users

With my last baby, I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks. I have really irregular cycles, sometimes only 2 a year! I didn't think I would have ovulated so soon after my last period, so I wasn't looking for it. I didn't figure it out until my dd nuked chicken nuggets for breakfast one morning and it made me nauseous.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote