Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone done the core rehabilitation program from the Tummy Team?

www.thetummyteam.com

I've carried way "too" low from my second pregnancy on, and J2 was asynclitic, so I'm hoping to strengthen my core this time to have baby in better alignment for the birth. Has anyone else done this program? DH and I talked about it last night, and I haven't even gotten through the intro videos yet, but I'm looking forward to it and will try to come back after I complete the program and share my results, and then share again after the birth.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Is this like the Tupler Technique? I didn't do the clsss, just the exercises I found online, and lost 2 inches around me tummy.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone done the core strengthening program from the Tummy Team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Is this like the Tupler Technique? I didn't do the clsss, just the exercises I found online, and lost 2 inches around me tummy.
All I found is their website (which wants me to buy things or find a licensed instructor), but just based on the FAQs, it looks very similar.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Week 1, Day 2, and I'm already paranoid about doing it wrong and making things worse. It's really, really hard to just isolate the transverse because (in my case) it's so weak right now. My glutes and shoulders keep wanting to do their part, so I have to stop the exercises and try again later.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
samakh
Registered Users
Formerly shmily3

you could look into http://mutusystem.com
samakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone done the core rehabilitation program from the Tummy Team?

I'm on Week 2, day 2 now, and getting better at things. These first couple of weeks have been about awareness of my transverse abdominal and building better habits with my body instead of being "saggy" all the time. The stretches that Kelly shows in Week 2 are helpful, especially for my upper back, which insists on being sore as I continue working through the early part of this process. The hardest part so far has just been remembering. I'll still find myself in a slouch, or a couple of hours will have passed and I hadn't done any exercises at all, so I'm trying to keep my tally sheet nearby as a constant reminder to work on this.

Some of the symptoms that I jotted down when I first started were:
- low back pain when sitting or standing for long periods
- dizziness upon standing after sitting for long periods
- difficulty holding/carrying my 18-month-old
- belly button is a permanent outie (no "turkey timer" indicator of a "done" pregnancy like in some of my prior pregnancies)
- self-measured diastasis of four fingers, and very deep

I'll update on my symptoms at the end of three weeks and again at the end of the full six weeks.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Week 2, day 6. I'm starting to be more regular with my splinting. I at first thought I could do the program without it, but I'm finding it helpful, in helping me to remember. My back continues to be sore as I'm slouching less and less during the day, and when I'm doing the TA exercises now, as my TA is getting stronger, it seems like it's now taking a shorter time before my pelvic floor or my glutes try to join the party.

I've signed up for a Skype session with the instructor a week from today and should be able to put into place some good suggestions after she's able to "see" me.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Week 3, day 2 today, and I LOVE how the videos from each week build on the ones from weeks prior. Each of them are full of information. It was definitely a good decision on the part of The Tummy Team to hide the future videos until I reached that week in the program, because knowing my sometimes impatient self, I would have tried to jump ahead, hoping for faster results. But core healing takes time, as I'm finding. Every day, I'm feeling a little stronger than the day before, and continuing to try to retain what I've learned in prior weeks and build on it with the current week's activities.

I've signed up for a Skype session later this week as well and I'm very excited about that.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #9
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

All I found is their website (which wants me to buy things or find a licensed instructor), but just based on the FAQs, it looks very similar.
I happened to come across a scanned pdf of the exercises when googling...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #10
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Week 3, Day 4. I actually have been super busy this week with life and work (and an ant problem) and haven't fully watched the Week 3 videos, but I intend to finish those up today. I'm moving away from the "intentional" exercises now (where I sit or stand and do the exercises "on purpose") and starting to integrate them more into daily life. To that end, I went ahead and started walking today. My midwives ask me every time if I'm getting any exercise and I keep saying, "Soon, soon." Well, soon is now, so today, I did a 20-minute walk. It felt great. I felt tall (which is hard to do since I'm only 5'0") and strong. My belly seems visibly smaller than it looked when I started the program, even as the little one inside continues to grow. (I plan on taking measurements again at the end of this week to see any progress.) With my second, third and fourth babies, I was in maternity clothes early on since it didn't take me very long at all to look pregnant, but with this one, I almost feel like I could switch back into some regular clothes even at 21 weeks. And I'm definitely not showing enough for strangers to comment, even when I'm wearing something that obviously (to me) shows that I'm pregnant. I'll be out at the store and all they'll see are the kids I have with me and tell me that I have my hands full, and it's like my growing inner child is invisible to them still.