Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #11
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: How old is too old (for you, personally) to have a baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomama2005 View Post
This too. My personal cut off age used to be 30, but since I've had GD with the past two babies, they both were a month premature, and my youngest is facing a long NICU stay... I think I'm done at 26! I love babies and big families but hate everything else about pregnancy/ birth/ postpartum, so I think adoption may be in our future..
I would hear so many women say how much they loved being pregnant. The only thing I loved about it was feeling baby move. I will miss that. Other than that, I hate being pregnant and delivery. My 9 months is usually fraught with pain and anxiety. C-sections are so very painful. Last one I lay in the hospital bed and cried with the pain.

Adoption looks so much better sometimes. Now if only I could convince my husband of that since he has decided he no longer wants to risk a pregnancy.

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #12
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 32 and we're done. I hated this last pregnancy so much, I know I don't want to do it again. Each of my pregnancies has been worse than the last, and emotionally this one was awful. I don't want to chance another one being worse.
My mom was 32 when she had me and I like the age of my parents--they're still young enough to enjoy their grand kids.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #13
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't decided yet. DH is leaning towards this being the last one...I'll be 33 when baby is born. I'm not sure I agree with him. I think u are never really too old .

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 06-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #14
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always wanted to be done by 30. It never occurred to me that it would take so long to get my kids here. I'll be 31 when this baby is born next month. So I'm not to far off if this is the last, if we are blessed with another than who knows how old I"ll be, but I doubt another is in our future.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #15
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
For me, mid 40s.......but, who knows for sure how I'll feel then.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

I have a lot of health problems and my current pregnancy at 27 has been a huge struggle, so this one will be my last. My personal cut-off is 30, which is, I know, very young, but my body wouldn't be able to handle pregnancy past 30 without major issues that I'd prefer to avoid. If I have another, it will be through adoption.
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #17
mugsywebb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This will be my last at 25. Maybe one day we will adopt, But we both come from smaller families and never looked at having a big family

Sent from my SCH-I535 using diaperswappers.com mobile app
Old 06-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #18
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For me it's 35, my current age. Had my last at 34, and I had a lot of issues with the pregnancy that I didn't have with my first pregnancy at 29. I agree with a PP that I want to be young enough to enjoy my grandchildren. My parents were 38 and 42 when they adopted me, and both died even before I was married at 25. So it saddens me that DH never knew my mom, and my kids will never know either one of my parents. (My birth parents are still alive and kicking at 57 and 65, but that's a whole other story as I've only seen my birth mom twice and I've never met my birth father...)

Then again, DH's parents were around 40 when he was born, too (last of 4 kids), and his mom is still alive and in relatively good health, and his dad just died last year. DD will remember him somewhat, but DS was a young baby so he never will.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #19
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I saw this study, too, that says that your chances of living to age 95 are significantly greater if you have your last child after age 33 than if you have your last child before age 30. I thought it was interesting.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #20
SwanMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

My husband and I actually discuss this topic frequently because we're older and met/married only recently. I'm 36 and just delivered DS2 two weeks ago. DH is 46.

We would both love to try for another, but given our ages, we agree that it would be nice to have all the kiddos out of the house and through college before DH retires. I also don't want to be pregnant again this year, so I guess we're done.

I wish we'd met earlier in life....
SwanMomma is offline   Reply With Quote