Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Non stop braxton hicks contractions?

I am 35w2days pregnant with our 5th baby and typically I get Braxton hicks contractions here and there starting in the second trimester but never as much as I have been experiencing in the last few days. It is literally happening several times an hour, sometimes as close as every 8 minutes for hours at a time then a small break then they start up again, they only last 10 seconds or so but they are just happening so frequently I can't help but wonder if it means anything? I am drinking plenty, not doing anything out of the ordinary, they happen whether I am busy or if I am laying down to go to bed. I usually have babies who do not budge or show any signs of coming until Past my due date and even past the 41 week mark. I'd love to hear from other mamas who had non stop Braxton hicks contractions if it meant anything for them or was just an annoyance until delivery?

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #2
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Re: Non stop braxton hicks contractions?

I have found that once I got to baby 6, the braxton hicks contractions started earlier and were more consistent. Labor also got a lot quicker once I got to baby 7 as well. So I think even though they don't seem to be doing much, they are likely doing things. But if they keep increasing like that AND they are concerning to you, wouldn't hurt to get checked out to see if anything is happening. But for me, they are just kind of a sign that my body has done this so many times, it's getting routine or something.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep...Braxton hicks contractions increase with each pregnancy. You know your body! If you are worried go get checked out...the worse they can do is send you home right?

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 07-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

For my first 2 pregnancies I had Braxton hicks contractions 1 minute long and 2 minutes apart, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 6 weeks! Each time the first week was the hardest because is kept waiting to go into labor and was having a hard time ignoring them (especially at night when I was trying to sleep). My first active labor was 9 hours but only pushed through 2 contractions. My second active labor was 30 minutes and I didn't push at all. Both came after my due date.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller

With my fifth baby I had by from what seemed like day one! They started very early and,like yours, they would be very regular very often. I actually ended up having her at 35.5. She was a healthy girl weighing 7.5! My labor was very easy with her too!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using diaperswappers.com mobile app
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:53 AM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would be concerned. It could be nothing, or it could be something. If your cervix is not changing, then I wouldn't be worried about it.
I'd get checked out though.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:11 AM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

not that I really can relate to the braxton hicks part as I haven't had any with 3 kids. I ALWAYS feel better if I talk to my doctor or whoever depending on the thing I am worried about and have just learned to just go in kind of an instinct thing.

Sounds like you are worried and so I would just go in like one said "what the worst thing they do is just send you home."
Old 07-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #8
Ramsel
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
I am 35w2days pregnant with our 5th baby and typically I get Braxton hicks contractions here and there starting in the second trimester but never as much as I have been experiencing in the last few days. It is literally happening several times an hour, sometimes as close as every 8 minutes for hours at a time then a small break then they start up again, they only last 10 seconds or so but they are just happening so frequently I can't help but wonder if it means anything? I am drinking plenty, not doing anything out of the ordinary, they happen whether I am busy or if I am laying down to go to bed. I usually have babies who do not budge or show any signs of coming until Past my due date and even past the 41 week mark. I'd love to hear from other mamas who had non stop Braxton hicks contractions if it meant anything for them or was just an annoyance until delivery?

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!
Did you get checked out? I'm curious how it went for you, I've had almost the same situation - 35+2 and contractions went on for two days, but mine lasted over a minute, and were around 5 min apart. They put me in the hospital for the weekend, on nifepidine and sedatives, then a week on bed rest at home with same drug regime. Now I'm 37 tomorrow and off drugs today, waiting to see what happens.

The contractions didn't hurt me but monitor said they were pretty strong. My cervix was a little dilated and softened (they measure different here - but the point is as I understand, there is not a hole in there yet )

I've had so many braxton hicks that it took me a while to even notice how frequent these were and that they weren't stopping...

Last edited by Ramsel; 07-14-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Ramsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had non-stop the last few weeks with my last baby. They were so bad I thought I was in labor for sure 3-4 times, but no. Ended up getting induced just like all the others
Old 07-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsel
Did you get checked out? I'm curious how it went for you, I've had almost the same situation - 35+2 and contractions went on for two days, but mine lasted over a minute, and were around 5 min apart. They put me in the hospital for the weekend, on nifepidine and sedatives, then a week on bed rest at home with same drug regime. Now I'm 37 tomorrow and off drugs today, waiting to see what happens. The contractions didn't hurt me but monitor said they were pretty strong. My cervix was a little dilated and softened (they measure different here - but the point is as I understand, there is not a hole in there yet ) I've had so many braxton hicks that it took me a while to even notice how frequent these were and that they weren't stopping...
This is interesting. My nonstop 'Braxton hicks' started at 35 weeks with both of mine. Both times they said they'd either go away or I'd be back soon to have a baby. I was at 1cm but was up to 4cm at 40 weeks and labor at 41 weeks. At my hospital they don't try to stop labor after 35 weeks.... No drugs, no bed rest.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote