Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #11
Lizanne
Registered Users
seller

Re: Talk to me about front loader vs top loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by epanouie View Post
I love to hear that front loaders are getting better and better these days...I have not been impressed with the 3-4 I've used. Up until this point, anyway, I don't see clothing and diapers getting as clean as they should without more water. Believe me, I WANT them to, but even during handwashing I see how much water you need for real cleaning and rinsing. Maybe I need to check out the above models mentioned!
I thought the same thing! But, the first sanitize load of diapers I did in our front loader Electrolux I reran on "handwash cycle." Handwash cycle has the most water and it pools in the bottom of the drum. I was hoping to see how dirty the water was I stopped it mid cycle and looked at the water; it was clear.

I was SUPER happy!

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #12
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizanne View Post
I thought the same thing! But, the first sanitize load of diapers I did in our front loader Electrolux I reran on "handwash cycle." Handwash cycle has the most water and it pools in the bottom of the drum. I was hoping to see how dirty the water was I stopped it mid cycle and looked at the water; it was clear.

I was SUPER happy!
Nice! This has been a very helpful thread, as we will need to purchase a washer after moving out of our rental!
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM   #13
breadsworth
Registered Users
seller

I have a front loader right now and do not think I would recommend them for cloth diapers. I feel like they just might not use enough water and sometimes the diapers need to be washed twice. However, this very likely could be an issue not involving the washer - I'm a new CDer)
breadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #14
HopefullyMama
Registered Users
seller

Top loader if you can! My FL is terrible and I have such trouble getting more water in to the machine to do a decent job washing or rinsing.
HopefullyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #15
Hericksen
Registered Users

I hate front loaders! I have a HE top load LG brand machine that I have had for about 3 years now. I LOVE it so much!
It does not have an agitator in it. It works SO well!