Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best hemp or bamboo flats?

I agree with the Diaper Rite bamboo flats! I am waiting to get some ordered once they get their new shipment! Best flats ever!

Advertisement

Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sweet iris, i have the diaper rite bamboo and the sweet iris hold way more and are softer/stretchier
Old 08-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #13
WellnessForToday
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasK View Post
Sweet iris, i have the diaper rite bamboo and the sweet iris hold way more and are softer/stretchier
Since you have tried both which do you recommend for newborn thru the EBF stage (1-6 months approx)? Would the Sweet Iris work on a newborn, if so what size? Would love to hear your thoughts as I am planning my stash for BB due in October
WellnessForToday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #14
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm not sure, unfortunately they weren't around when my dd was little but on the sweet iris thread a mom has her two month old using the 28 inch I think. It has to hold at least double what my diaper rite bamboo flats hold
Old 08-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #15
WellnessForToday
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasK View Post
I'm not sure, unfortunately they weren't around when my dd was little but on the sweet iris thread a mom has her two month old using the 28 inch I think. It has to hold at least double what my diaper rite bamboo flats hold
Ok, awesome, thank you!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #16
Cayenneroots
Registered Users
seller

Here is the Video I posted showing my 2 month old, the Md size Which is the biggest one in the video is 22x22. I do love this size as it gives me more versatility in folding options and is more absorbent then the small, but it was somewhat bulky in the first few weeks . Let me know if you have anyother questions. But there is tons of great info in that Rave for Sweet Iris thread on here that may be worth reading as well

http://youtu.be/oAPbGZi35as
Cayenneroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #17
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have seen great reviews for both the sweet iris snug bug bamboo flats and diaper rite bamboo flats but they arent really in the same class, imo. Comparing those 2 is like comparing apples to oranges instead of apples to apples. Sweet iris is bamboo terry and diaper rite is bamboo birdseye. If you can afford the sweet iris, they are supposed to seriously ROCK. But if you cd to save money, then diaper rite is def the most economical dsq bamboo flat on the market.... I just wish I knew what measurement they shrink to fully prepped.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #18
WellnessForToday
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayenneroots View Post
Here is the Video I posted showing my 2 month old, the Md size Which is the biggest one in the video is 22x22. I do love this size as it gives me more versatility in folding options and is more absorbent then the small, but it was somewhat bulky in the first few weeks . Let me know if you have anyother questions. But there is tons of great info in that Rave for Sweet Iris thread on here that may be worth reading as well
Your video is awesome! I am thinking of getting a 12 pack of the Diaper Rite flats and 6 medium snug bugs to start out. (A friend gifted me some small prefolds). Plus thinking of getting a Thirsties Duo Size 1 cover and a Sweet Pea Newborn cover to start out to see what I like best. I will be using sposies during meconium and then ease into CD after that...I feel like I would rather have less and order things I love vs have a full stash and regrets.

Feel free to give me your opinions on any of the above, I am a CD newbie. Did you have a cover you enjoyed using, that has some longevity to it in terms of being able to use it for a good bit?

My biggest motivator to CD is that I am not a fan of a little bitty baby in synthetic materials (sposies), the amount of waste sposies create after 3 years in diapers weighs on me, AND if I can at least spend the same or less than I would with sposies its a win all around. I have a front loader HE so I want something low maintenance, which drew me to flats and prefolds.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #19
WellnessForToday
Registered Users

I just received my bamboo Diaper Rite flats! Can't wait to prep them Went ahead and tested them out on Mr. Bunny to see how the mini kite fold would look on a newborn Love love love how trim the fold is, especially compared to a prefold! I also ordered two covers to test out (Sweet Pea Newborn & Thirsties Duo Size 1), at least as far as Mr. Bunny is concerned the Sweet Pea Newborn will out way above and beyond the Thirsties, for the smaller fit, great fit around the legs especially. I will probably get at least one more Sweet Pea cover for the first several weeks. Also what's up with Thirsties snaps...seem to have changed, they are very hard to unsnap, to the point where its kinda stretching out the fabric!

Here are the comparison pics:

Last edited by WellnessForToday; 09-04-2014 at 03:33 PM.