Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Mommy2JandS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Story of the World ??

I'd like to use this for my 2nd grader this year. What materials do I need to teach it? I'm kind of confused from the website.
Also, has anyone not started with Volume 1? I think he'd understand more modern stuff better (Volume 4), but would that mess things up later?

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
3rugrats
Registered Users
seller

Re: Story of the World ??

I haven't used it myself, but have you posted on the well trained mind forum? I bet you would get a lot of responses on this one, and I noticed you are on a time crunch.
3rugrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
beth7033
Registered Users

Re: Story of the World ??

The books build on each other, so I would start with volume 1. History makes more sense if you know what came before it. You can do two in a year if you really want to. The modern history book is a bit heavy. I wouldn't use it with most 2nd graders. And I wouldn't use it without reading the other books first.

We use the books and the activity guides. If you just want to read the books that's fine. The activity guide has a variety of things you can use or not at your pleasere. We use the maps, suggested supplemental reading, and activity ideas. There are also narration questions, coloring pages, and timeline pieces.

I got the test book once and never really used it. We don't feel the need to test. The activity pages for sale are already in the back of the activity guide, but I like to buy those (they are maps and coloring sheets mostly) so I don't have to tear them out of the book or copy them. I've never bought the paper character figures. They look fun though.

Does that answer your question?
beth7033 is offline   Reply With Quote