Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
bhunt479
Registered Users
seller

Sized diapers

I've found the love for sized diapers as the fit is much better on my dd than waiting for the o/s to work properly. She is almost 5 mos, and about 15lbs and still wearing smalls. My question is when do you decide to go up to the next size up? Most of the brands I own have an overlap to the weight range, so have been getting the most out of the smalls until I think about 18 lbs. Some mediums I have tried are okay(mainly side snap), some too big. And the o/s are just huge still, her butt doesn't fill them out at all! Do I just keep trying every week until the fit is better?

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I agree about the OS diapers and younger kids. DD is 6 mi and about 17 lbs and I hate how a lot of the OS fit her (smart bottom, tots bots am chelory specifically). I have some sized nanas bottoms for her and she fits in a medium perfectly. We just sized up from the smalls about 3 weeks ago because she outgrew the absorbency. The med simplex are also awesome now. I found the med sized diapers often fit for a really long time. They grow out of the smalls way faster and the larges are HUGE! I have only tried nanas, bottom bumpers and simplex though. I actually only had a Nanas medium with me the other day when DS (23 mo and about 25 lbs) pooped and needed a new diaper. I was able to use it on him until we get home it just was a bit tight in the waist and I'm sure the absorbency wouldn't have held him long.

Last edited by carverjill; 08-06-2014 at 09:31 PM.
carverjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #3
bhunt479
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sized diapers

Thanks for confirming my thoughts! I have almost the same brands as you. I really like the small Nana's and bottombumpers, and I do have mediums in those two to get into. I bought 2 tots bots frugi prints o/s and they are so squishy and poufy! Chelory's I haven't even tried as the rise fold seems bulkier than most. Simplex is the only one I don't have, and I know a lot of mamas love them, just haven't been able to score any mediums on fsot. Probably because they are in use so long!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Sized diapers

Yeah I have tots too and have put her in a v2 and v3 and yeah they are poofy - its weird how wide the pul of those are. I think OS stuff is mostly better on the 2 biggest rise settings. BG is the only brand I'm happy with the smallest rise setting.