Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2014, 01:27 AM   #1
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

HE front loader help

So the dryer in our stackable washer and dryer finally died (the unit was probably older than I am) and after line drying for the last two months my wonderful husband found a deal on a "really fancy new stackable set." The problem is.. Front loaders scare me, and I have no idea where to put the detergent. Can someone please re-teach me how to wash diapers in this thing?! Or direct me to where I can learn...

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 02:51 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: HE front loader help

I don't know about stackables but you might have to tweak the routine.

I do a delicate cycle as wash and to help make a bit more heavy by no spin (so some water is left in things that soak it), then run a full cycle and rinse and spin after.

I have LG set and it seems to be ok for the time being.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:21 AM   #3
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

Ours is LG too! I haven't used it yet we still don't have the outlet set up
Old 08-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine is an older (maybe 7 yrs) LG, but not stackable. You should have a pull-out drawer for prewash, detergent, softener, & bleach. If your water is hard, definitely try using the full amount of detergent; you can perhaps use a little less if your water is softer. I do a delicate cycle w/ low or gentle spin...I don't want diapers stewing in yucky water. Then a hot/cold cycle, heavy soil, w/ extra rinse. I just moved into a house w/ a whole-house softener, so I've been adding another rinse/spin the last couple weeks, but it hasn't been necessary for me in the past. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an HE front loader. I do a warm soak cycle as my prerinse, it doesn't spin at the end and hopefully results in heavier diapers and more water in the next cycle. If I am adding bleach I use it during this cycle (I have to add it not in the bleach section though because it won't drop it in during the soak cycle)

Then I do a heavy duty, heavy soil hot cycle with extra rinse. I use one scoop of Bum Genius detergent -- my washer is a little less than half full for my diaper cycles. We have water softened water.

Just pick something and try it -- your diapers will survive. At worst they won't get clean and you will have to try something else. Or maybe they will been filled with detergent so you have to run some hot cycles without detergent to work it out -- a pain maybe but not the end of the world.

Use the HE FL amount suggested by the detergent you use, read the manual and pick a cycle you think is best and go for it.

Good Luck
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote