Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #11
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Hubby asked about Testosterone

I would be careful. My husband was extremely low in his testosterone numbers so the doctor put him on testosterone injections. Little did we know that two months later when we started TTC the testosterone had killed off his sperm production and they literally couldn't find any in his semen analysis. So now he's off testosterone and on a host of other things to try and get his production back up so we can conceive. All the while he is off testosterone he is feeling bad again. It's a very slippery slope. Just want to caution you if you ever want to TTC that it could in fact hinder it. My DH is only 27 too.

Advertisement

busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #12
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayliz View Post
There could be lots of reasons for low sex drive in both men and women, including stress, basic personality or a medical situation. At his age, I am not sure a doctor will jump the gun to prescribe something without doing a full assessment. Has this situation been going on for a long time or is it a recent development?
Seems strange to me too, going straight to testosterone. Did he have blood work and testing? DH and I are open about everything now including health stuff so I'm used to more detail. He probably would've had me come because he knows he sucks at remembering medical details and would want me to know what was going on and be involved.

I think it's important to sit down together and discuss risks and benefits of treatment options. In the end it's his decision and you should support that, but he may want some help in determining the best course of action and you should know what side effects and reactions to watch out for, KWIM?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
hannahbuns
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hubby asked about Testosterone

Thank you everyone for the insight. He has not yet been to the doctor but that would be our first stop before deciding what to do. I was mostly curious what other moms had seen as far as side effects or mood changes. I'm sure the doctor will tell us everything but it's always hard to know what is like in reality. I think getting his thyroid checked would be a really good idea too. I would say the situation has slowly progressed over the last 2 years. We moved across the country from Pennsylvania to Texas so I blamed it on environmental factors at first and the big change from moving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using diaperswappers.com mobile app
hannahbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #14
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahbuns View Post
Thank you everyone for the insight. He has not yet been to the doctor but that would be our first stop before deciding what to do. I was mostly curious what other moms had seen as far as side effects or mood changes. I'm sure the doctor will tell us everything but it's always hard to know what is like in reality. I think getting his thyroid checked would be a really good idea too. I would say the situation has slowly progressed over the last 2 years. We moved across the country from Pennsylvania to Texas so I blamed it on environmental factors at first and the big change from moving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using diaperswappers.com mobile app
Seems like guys always jump to testosterone in thier heads as the issue. I'm very leery of messing with hormones. I know women who need both for various reasons and there are many side effects.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote