Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
sarahnforrest
Registered Users

I accidentaly bumped my sons head :(

I feel soooooo bad . He is 3.5 months old . This is the only time I ever hurt him . He only cried for about thirty seconds then he was fine but he's got a red mark on his fore head . I'm supposed to be his protector and I failed . It made me cry so hard and I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it but I just wanted to get it off my chest and maybe see f anybody else has ever experienced this .

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com

Advertisement

sarahnforrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I accidentaly bumped my sons head :(

It is ok Mama. This is probably the first of many many accidental boo-boos via Mama.
And the more kids you have, the more often they happen *eye roll*

I remember my first child's first boo-boo via me. He was between 2 and 3 months I think.
I got his finger pinched between the carseat crotch buckle when I snapped it together. I also bawled my eyes out ten times longer than he did.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHome Sewing View Post
It is ok Mama. This is probably the first of many many accidental boo-boos via Mama.
And the more kids you have, the more often they happen *eye roll*

I remember my first child's first boo-boo via me. He was between 2 and 3 months I think.
I got his finger pinched between the carseat crotch buckle when I snapped it together. I also bawled my eyes out ten times longer than he did.
Yep. Not to sound flippant or anything but it won;t be the last time. You feel bad every time but its just part of the whole parenting thing. Don't beat yourself up too bad about it.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
smilyme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think everybody has experienced this or something similar. It makes yo feel horrible, but it really isn't that big a deal. He'll be fine. Go easy on yourself.

www.clothisgreen.com
smilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
My daughter was less than 6 months old when I was holding her and she jolted backwards, fell out of my arm and I super slow motion caught her on my SECOND try! She didn't actually fall bc she didn't hit anything, but I totally freaked out and had 2 mother figures and a doctor on the phone in less than 5 minutes! I was a wreck but DD was fine. Accidents happen and the guilt will subside as you realize that you did nothing wrong intentionally and your child is totally fine.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
You aren't the only one. I did a few with all my kids too
Old 08-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
squirrelgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Accidents happen. Try not to beat yourself up. One time I smashed dd2's finger in the hinge part of our screen door. I was trying to close it, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't close. Then I realized dd2's little hand was in there. I was so scared I broke her finger. But in the end, after lots of cuddles (for her benefit and mine!) she was fine. When dd1 was about 9 months old, dh let her roll off the changing table. its a good 4ft drop. he felt horrible, but she was fine. It happens to all of us.

Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free!
squirrelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

It is ok. Is this your first LO? I cried the first time DD1 rolled out of bed. Accidents happen to the best of us. I'm on girl #3 and we have:

Bumped all babies heads on door frames cutting corners too close prior to 6 months.

Bumped all thier heads on car door frames when getting them into car seats.

Had all 3 roll off the bed as infants.

Accidently locked DD1 in my car in my own driveway and called DH at work because I was so hysterical I didn't know what to do.

Dropped at least two of them when they tried to pull up on our arms and they slipped.

Came literally a hairs breath away from having DD1 run over by a fast moving car because she got away from me for a second.

Forgotten to take DD1 from school to daycare at noon my first day back at work.

I'm not ( despite my errors) what most would probably consider a bad mom, just a human being who makes mistakes. You'll both be ok!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #9
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh gosh, I'm embarrassed to admit all our mishaps...they happen, though. Nobody's perfect & little people are accident-prone. Take a deep breath & forgive yourself. Fortunately or unfortunately, you'll quickly learn the difference between a cry b/c he's hurt & indignant and when he's really injured.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #10
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I accidentally caused my 3 year old to lose her balance while playing on my bed with her the other day. She landed head first on the tile floor. Luckily we just lowered our bed because the last time she fell off it she got a concussion. Oops.

Accidents happen. Kids are resilient. Thankfully.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote