Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #11
nellycakes80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: People with no children know best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I love that as well.

Yeah I am in no hurry to make her grow up faster. Once grown up you cannot go back and regain your innocence. Once gone, it is gone forever.
Agreed! Keep them innocent as long as possible!! Dd1 turns 17 next month and we had a tough couple years.. She doesn't like makeup either though. Her freshman homecoming I took her to get her hair and makeup done, she washed it off at her friends house before the dance (I found out later:/). And one of her favorite outfits is sweats and a t or sweater..
Your doing a great job mama!!

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #12
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Ugh... Some people. There's a chaplain at the local clinic, who's eyes got bigger and bigger as each of my kids went around the corner. He asked in a rude way, if I need help with my kids. They were leading and following one another quietly. I so badly wanted to respond, "no, my kids are not an inconvenience."

I love that you let your kids be their own being. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #13
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
As for age appropriateness? Yes my 15 year old daughter still plays with her barbies and stuffed animals.
That will be fantastic for her kids some day, because she'll be the mom who likes to sit down on the floor and play Barbies with them. (My poor 7 year old always wants me to, but I'm just not good at it.)
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtojande View Post
That will be fantastic for her kids some day, because she'll be the mom who likes to sit down on the floor and play Barbies with them. (My poor 7 year old always wants me to, but I'm just not good at it.)
I know. I stopped doll playing around 10 years of age max, probably was younger but can't say for sure. When she was a toddler I had such a hard time playing dolls with her. Just had no idea what to do with those things. My nieces and nephew love spending time with her because she will play those things with her and can spin a pretty good tale for their entertainment.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #15
doodah
Registered Users
seller

ummm....plenty of adults play with stuffed animals or collectibles or dolls or MLP or many other "kid things". It is not weird that a 15 year old is still into them.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #16
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our oldest just turned 17 when she finally started acting like a teen. She still dresses conservatively and is a nerd but I thank go for that. I wouldn't want to be the parent of some of the girls I see at high school.

Hubby would dig his own grave just to jump in it and roll over if we had a difficult teen, we have 2 more girls to go and a boy on the way. I consider her our "break in" child because her sister are VERY head strong.

And I totally played with Barrie's and dolls until I was about 15. It's awesome that she has a great imagination.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #17
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Chocolate View Post
Our oldest just turned 17 when she finally started acting like a teen. She still dresses conservatively and is a nerd but I thank go for that. I wouldn't want to be the parent of some of the girls I see at high school.

Hubby would dig his own grave just to jump in it and roll over if we had a difficult teen, we have 2 more girls to go and a boy on the way. I consider her our "break in" child because her sister are VERY head strong.

And I totally played with Barrie's and dolls until I was about 15. It's awesome that she has a great imagination.
I will have to tell my husband that. He has been concerned that her still playing with barbies at her age means something is wrong with her. All he sees is someone he knows from childhood who did that and never seems to have grown up and matured. She is now 35 years old. When we talk to her it is like talking to a teen maturity wise. She isn't slow or anything like that. No developmental issues or anything. It just that she seems incredibly immature for her age. Like she stagnated in her teen years. My husband is concerned our daughter will be like that as well.