Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
cluelessdad
Registered Users

My Mood:
Are lottos allowed

If I have some diapers that I want to get rid of that are rare am I allowed to do a lotto like 4 or 5 dollars a spot with a limited amount of spots. Using Random.org to pick the winner.

Advertisement

cluelessdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Are lottos allowed

Pretty positive that is not allowed. The only lottos I am aware of being allowed are free for shipping lottos. With those lottos no money exchanges hands until the winner is announced. At that point the winner of the lotto then pays the person for shipping and paypal fees. No money is made on the diapers. So unless you plan on ffs your diapers I think you have to just list them on FSOT.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

So people would pay to have a chance to buy the diaper? No we dont allow that.

The lottos we have are free items people enter for a chance to win, with no costs other then exact shipping and paypal fees, no entry costs.

And on sales, we only allow direct sales. No auctions, no chance to buy.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
cluelessdad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nop not pay to have a chance, you pay 4 or 5 dollars per spot and if you win you get the diaper for that amount. If you only buy one spot you get the diaper for 4 dollars. I would be covering the shipping. I would limit it to max of 4 spots per person to keep it fair. So the most you would be paying for the diaper is 16 to 20 dollars.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

And the people that don't win?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
cluelessdad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Its no different than bidding on an auction. They do lotto's all the time for rare diapers I just feel its more fair than auctions because a lot of people are on a budget and can't say oh I will give you 75 dollars for that diaper. It gives people a chance to get a rare diaper that might not normally be able to afford it. I would rather be out 20 dollars than just not have a chance to get because someone has a more disposable income than I do.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I dont think it falls under what we allow on our fsot, but I have asked the team for input I will let you know what they say.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #8
cluelessdad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok thanks. If its not something you allow now you should think about making it an option in the forums. Its a good system and helps both sides.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

The person on a budget though, would be out money with nothing to show for it if they don't win the lotto. In the meantime, you have money from people without giving anything in return except to one person only, the winner. As a person on a budget I don't like that idea at all.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
cluelessdad
Registered Users

My Mood:

So you would rather see people say hey pay 75 dollars for this Irwin diaper. Your giving up like 4 dollars than not having a chance at all to get the diaper. Its a lotto its not like your being made to do it. Do you play your state lotto, way bigger chance of loosing at that and way more money. Like I said it would be a max 50 spots and max 4 spots per person. You could spend 4 dollars and get the diaper. I would not be picking a person random.org would be picking the winner of the diaper. Pretty fair odds when you look at it, a lot of people do 70 spots on them and as many spots as you want, so once again that is stacked in favor of people with a more disposable income.