Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #11
kflowerfly
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: Breast pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinkowski View Post
As long as you don't pump for too long or too hard, I never chaffed... If I got sore, I would take a break from pumping and just let DD nurse. Although, I always used my Ameda.

(BTW ~ I have an Ameda PY for sale, if you want a good deal on one!)
thank you for the offer, I had to get one that day pretty much... I exchanged it for the manual ISIS! I love it! My first time pumpiing was great, got 4 oz in a flash, the 2nd hmmm got 2, then 2, then 1 oz. overall I am happy...

thank you very much for offering! =o)

k

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #12
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breast pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecat1974 View Post
A common nickname for the Evenflo pump is Evilflo due to too many horror stories.

If you want an inexpensive pump that does the job right, get the Avent Isis manual pump. Works great!
Avent pumps rock! I even used it while working w/my 2 older DC. And I successfully pumped for 1 year w/both. Only flaw is that there's too many stinking parts. It's better for a p/t pumper. I have one for occasional pumps, almost as good at emptying milk as a baby, IMHO!

Last edited by haynmama; 06-05-2007 at 12:56 AM.
haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #13
shannong
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breast pumps

I agree with PP who would only recamend either a Medela or an Amedia pump. They ARE a bit more expensive, but worth every penny! Basically, you can try a lot of other pumps and find they don'[t work well and or hurt or you can buy 1 good pump be done with it.

I would say a double electric is your best bet either the Purely yours or the pump in style or Pump in style advanced. If you want a good hand pump go for the Harmony! It is $35. Medela also has a new single electric called the "swing" that is a little cheaper th an the PIS or the PISA. if $$$ is an issue.

Shannon

Evenflo is often known as EVIL flow!

Shannon
shannong is offline   Reply With Quote