Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
kayleesmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
would cloth trainers help kaylee potty train

am wondering if a cloth trainer would help kaylee potty train. she was doing wonderful for a period of time and now is using her feel and learns like diapers. and wont use the potty. but will let you pee pees coming poop poops coming but wont go on potty anymore. I am wondering if a cloth trainer would help her! arent they like underwear where she would feel the wetness more than a feel and learn pullup? And who makes good ones!that arent to expensive.

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: would cloth trainers help kaylee potty train

YES! I found the pullups NOT effective at all for that reason (they can't feel the wetness).
I found moving them to undies for 3 days and seeing if they are ready worked great for my boys. If they weren't ready I'd put them back in cloth and try again in a few months.
My girls trained by going around nakie most of the time. That worked great and super fast.
I would get some cloth trainers to try for her.

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
kayleesmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

where would u recommend a cloth trainer from
Old 06-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
blissfullyblessed
Registered Users
Formerly: kerstynsmom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7dunlaps View Post
YES! I found the pullups NOT effective at all for that reason (they can't feel the wetness).
I found moving them to undies for 3 days and seeing if they are ready worked great for my boys. If they weren't ready I'd put them back in cloth and try again in a few months.
My girls trained by going around nakie most of the time. That worked great and super fast.
I would get some cloth trainers to try for her.

I just wondered about your girls going naked - did you clean up messes alot? DD won't be ready for a little bit yet, but she is telling me when she needs a poopie change
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #5
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Honestly no we didn't clean up messes much. The girls initiated pt'ing themselves, both before 2 yrs old. I wasn't expecting it or even encouraging it.. they just started sitting and going on the potty. So once they were going in the potty we did about 2 weeks of naked with dd1... she wouldn't have accidents at all when naked, but when we would put undies on her it was like she would forget and then pee in them. Once she was good and in the habit of naked, she was ok with undies. I do think I remember both girls going poopy in their night cloth diapers, it was like they would hold it and then it took them a week or so to start to poopy in the potty. They really trained quickly though.
The boys we did a bit differently. They were before the girls (in order of birth I mean) and after 2 yrs we would put them in undies for a couple days, and if they did really well we would continue working on it, if they just kept having accidents we would go back to cloth for a few months. With both boys by the 2-3 time we tried they were totally ready and trained easily. I know the poopy thing was harder for them to get down, but still came quickly after. They both trained around 2.5yrs over about a 2 week period. The girls trained on their own before 2 yrs.
I have no clue what Abby will do.
HTH!

Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #6
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really don't know which cloth pull ups to go with. We didn't use them with the boys, we went staight to undies, and with the girls they did the nakey and then went to undies. We used cloth diapers for night (still do with 2 of our 3 bedwetting older kids).
I noticed that bumkins has a cheap trainer that looks nice, and I know there are a lot of others. Seems mamas here like the Snap Eze trainers.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #7
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I need help with this too. My DD just won't potty learn. She went #2 in the potty for like 3 days straight, but that is it. I don't want to force her to potty learn, so I'm letting her kind of lead it. She loves sitting on her potty, but only if I'm on the big potty, which makes getting her on there for long enough and often enough difficult with a walking 9 month old getting into things while we are on the pottys.

Oh and to add to that....the disposable training pants give my DD the worst rashes for some reason. I mean she turns bright red and won't let me put anything on her bottom, so I need some good pocket trainers.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Happy Heinys has some cloth pocket trainers... waterproof. You could try those.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:28 PM   #9
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7dunlaps View Post
Happy Heinys has some cloth pocket trainers... waterproof. You could try those.
Oh thanks for the info. I'll look into those for my DD.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #10
MandyB
Registered Users

We've been potty training all week and I think dd has finally mastered it! I went to Target and bought a couple of packs of the Gerber training underwear for $$6 for a threepack. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 It's basically pink underwear, but a little thicker in the crotch so if she wets in them, it doesn't spill out over the floor, but she's definitely uncomfortable enough to KNOW she's wet her pants. I think they're great, because she'll just wear these as her underwear and I don't have to go buy MORE underwear for her. This worked well for DS when we potty trained him too.

One little trick I have to tell you too, that worked the BEST for both of my kiddos. I was very reluctant to do it at first, because I don't let them eat junk food and we don't keep it in the house, but it works GREAT! My dd gets one M&M each time she pees in the potty and two when she poo's. This has been my miracle for potty training! With DS we did the M&M thing for about two weeks and then stopped and he didn't really notice he wasn't getting them anymore.

Last edited by MandyB; 06-04-2007 at 12:18 AM.
MandyB is offline   Reply With Quote