Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #11
piilani_girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I finally understand the minky love! (action pics)

I know how you feel. I just found the minky love too. Any your DD is very adorable.

Advertisement

piilani_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #12
sherrydeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That color just looks fantastic on her! Those big eyes and pigtails are toooo stinking cute! I'm soooo glad you like the dipe; I'm trying to keep up, but my house is going on the market so things have been a little hectic.
There will definately be more next Wednesday
www.hyenacart.com/BetterBums Fridays at noon
sherrydeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #13
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Caitlin is ADORABLE! oh and the diaper is cute too are you guys Vietnamese?
& Baby Xo Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
momof5under7
Registered Users
Formerly: momof4under5
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! We're Chinese, but for some weird reason, people just think that we look like all the different Asian races or even mixed...LOL. Esp. the kids since they all have pretty big eyes...so when I take them out by myself, a lot of people ask me if my husband is American, LOL. Your Whilder must be sooo cute!

ISO: PP
momof5under7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #15
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4under5 View Post
Thanks! We're Chinese, but for some weird reason, people just think that we look like all the different Asian races or even mixed...LOL. Esp. the kids since they all have pretty big eyes...so when I take them out by myself, a lot of people ask me if my husband is American, LOL. Your Whilder must be sooo cute!
LOL DH was looking at the picture and his first guess was Chinese, but then he thought Vietnamese when he saw your other DC. He is Chinese-Thai. Now he asked, are you from southern China? We love looking at little Asian babies and trying to figure out what culture/background they are from. Whilder is such a perfect mix of us, but she does look ver caucation.

Before she was born I was worried that I would go out with her by myself and have people ask me if I was the baby sitter because I have a friend who is 1/2 Indian, her mother is a bloonde souther bell though and people would say that too her all the time. It's so funny how everyone see's such different things in a little mixed baby!
& Baby Xo Oct. 2015!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #16
momof5under7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
LOL DH was looking at the picture and his first guess was Chinese, but then he thought Vietnamese when he saw your other DC. He is Chinese-Thai. Now he asked, are you from southern China? We love looking at little Asian babies and trying to figure out what culture/background they are from. Whilder is such a perfect mix of us, but she does look ver caucation.

Before she was born I was worried that I would go out with her by myself and have people ask me if I was the baby sitter because I have a friend who is 1/2 Indian, her mother is a bloonde souther bell though and people would say that too her all the time. It's so funny how everyone see's such different things in a little mixed baby!
Well, I was born in Taiwan, but ethnically my family's predominantly from Southern China. My DH was born here, but his family's from Southern China, too. The weird thing is, neither of us looks like it, and our kids look even less Chinese, LOL. I have a friend who's Caucasian and she married a Chinese guy...and people ask her if she adopted their DD from China or Korea. Oh no! Then again, I'm Asian and I guess to most people, I look too young to have this many kids, so a lot of people ask me if I'm the nanny...LOL. I should change my avatar to a picture of me, but I still can't figure out how to shrink my picture small enough.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #17
momof5under7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Forget the avatar thing...I just kept my old one...plus he's a cutie! I just posted my pic instead on Blair's Recent Photo of you thread...finally...

Old 06-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #18
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4under5 View Post
Forget the avatar thing...I just kept my old one...plus he's a cutie! I just posted my pic instead on Blair's Recent Photo of you thread...finally...
Oh gosh some people can be so rude with their comments! I know exactly how you feel, I am a pretty young mom, (20) and I look even younger. I once had a lady come up to me and ask if Whilder was mine and how old I was, when I said yes and I'm 20 she told me I was too young to have a baby!!!! This was while I was shopping in a clothing store, talk about RUDE not to mention embarassing!

I'll have to go check out blair's picture thread, I'm sure you look great for your age, most Asian women do. I was just looking at some pictures of Lucy Liu last night I can not belive that woman is almost 40?!?!!! LOL
& Baby Xo Oct. 2015!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #19
momof5under7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Oh gosh some people can be so rude with their comments! I know exactly how you feel, I am a pretty young mom, (20) and I look even younger. I once had a lady come up to me and ask if Whilder was mine and how old I was, when I said yes and I'm 20 she told me I was too young to have a baby!!!! This was while I was shopping in a clothing store, talk about RUDE not to mention embarassing!

I'll have to go check out blair's picture thread, I'm sure you look great for your age, most Asian women do. I was just looking at some pictures of Lucy Liu last night I can not belive that woman is almost 40?!?!!! LOL
I guess I'm sort of used to the inappropriate comments b/c I think Chinese people in general think that if they're older than you, they can just say whatever they want and it's OK. I think it really has to do with the traditional attitude, that, if you're elderly, you command the respect of everyone younger than you. I can't tell you how many comments I get some older women at the Chinese grocery store. It made me just want to buy American groceries for a while b/c everyone would comment on how young I was to have 3 kids with one on the way, why would I want that many kids, if my DH and I know how to control ourselves, etc. I mean, it's not like my kids are running around crazy everywhere or anything! We're pretty strict and they're very well behaved, but some people just feel like offering unsolicited advice or making odd comments.

Anyhoo, I love being a young mom, don't you? My DH and I didn't start quite as young as you and your DH, though. I had my DS when I was 21...and I'm turning 26 this year. About Lucy Liu, she definitely looks awesome for being almost 40. I definitely think the Asian complexion helps, but not having any kids or being married might help, too. LOL

Old 06-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #20
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She's sooooooooooooooooooo cute! I must admit we don't even have minky not one and I may have to just break down and get 1 just 1 to see what all the rave is about with minky!