Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
kthoelen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Colic please help

My son is 7wks old and he was 3 wks early. He started with the colic last week and tonight was just the worst. I tried from 2:30 till 6:30 to get him to sleep. He nursed a bunch of times and would settle down then just wake up and cry and cry and cry. I have done everything to help this poor little guy. I have the book "the happiest baby on the block" and I have tried all of that. It just doesn't seem to be helping. I have changed him, nursed him, loved him, swaddled him, put him down and see if that would help but nothing. My hubby finally took him and he was able to get him to sleep for the time being. He hasn't slept for longer than an hour at a time today. I am trying my hardest to stay calm but I am just exhausted. Please help!! Anything else I can do to help this little guy??

Advertisement

Last edited by kthoelen; 06-04-2007 at 04:57 PM.
kthoelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Colic please help

try something warm on his tummy. years ago we did the heated stick on patch things.....with a few layer of fabric between the patch and the skin to keep it from getting to warm. now there is something similar on the market! (too bad we didn't patent it!! lol) you could also use a warm water bottle or a sock filled with rice warmed in the microwave.

other than that.....you've mentioned everything else I would have suggested.

GL mama!!
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awww- big hugs mama! HBOTB is what I usually recommend. With my DD, we had to wear her 90% of the time or she would just cry. She liked the joey hold in the moby when she was an infant. That always worked- anything else was hit or miss.
Good Luck!!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree w/ the pp - DEFINITELY wear him! Ds had horrible colic from 3 days old until 3 months old, and the only way we survived was babywearing! He was a totally different baby when wrapped up close to our bodies.
Good luck mama - I know this is a trying time!!
Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
jonsbeka
Registered Users

DD also had horrible colic. If yours doesn't like to be worn, will a swing work? This was all that would work sometimes. We'd have to put her in the swing and sleep next to it. I feel ya on the late nights. DD would only sleep an hour at a time and then be awake for the next three or four crying. She didn't sleep at night at all. She'd wake up around 12am and go from between 6:30 and 9:30 am. The good news is that even though you don't think so now, it will eventually end. She petered out at about 3.5 months and started to completely sleep through the night at 4 months. Good luck!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We thought our DS had colic and it turned out he is lactose intolerant!! We just thought he was a needy kid (he is, but that's beside the point). Once we changed his diet he was an entirely different baby in just 2-3 feedings. Mama...I've been there and it isn't easy to stay calm when they are screaming and you don't know what to do! PM me if you need to talk!
Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #7
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Colic is a word that doctors use to describe a baby that is hurting and they don't know why. My DD was "colicy" and it turned out she had a dairy sensitivity and had reflux. Once I cut out the dairy from my diet (since I'm bfing) and she was put on medication for the reflux she was a new baby! No more colic!
Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 PM   #8
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users

My Mood:

i have heard about the dairy causing colic in bf babies but it didnt help mine he cried constantly until he was 4 months old now at 20 months still cries more than other babies
Old 06-05-2007, 01:42 AM   #9
jonsbeka
Registered Users

Mine was allergic to milk and soy as well as having acid reflux. She was still colicky after we figured all that out, but it was a little better.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:36 AM   #10
Inkdboy
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I'd definetly would talk to the DR. If your breastfeeding, he may have sensitivity to something in your diet. If he's formula fed, it may be changing the formula...
My son was extreme Colic... I would wear him do whatever but He cried for 4 hours straight same time everyday.
We changed his formula to Alimentum and it was like I had a new baby....
Plus I also would give him Gripe water, that seemed to help settling his tummy and calming him down..
Hugs Momma, its so rough h aving a baby thats colicky... I would definetly call the Dr. especially if that means keeping your insanity..
Good luck
Inkdboy is offline   Reply With Quote