Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #11
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weekly HN thread

Is my DD going to be HN? I don't want to say she is now because she is only 3 months but she shows things like you guys are talking about. She will only nap in my arms/sling. I am the only one that can calm her. I am the only one that can hold her. I call her my little diva because my DS was a piece of cake compared to her. What are some of the things I should look for? I mean she is def. needy but is it normal 3 month old behavior or is this something that will continue. She is already starting to nurse all night long and what not.

Advertisement

MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #12
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

http://askdrsears.com/html/5/T050400.asp

check this link out. It really just hit home for me the firts time I read it.

Sierra had a very HN day today. I am drained.
Thanks Bethany for the hugs. You like great btw!
Sarah
Mount*n*sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #13
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama! That sounds just like my baby. So what do I do know? Just look for support on here and just go w/ it?
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #14
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Read the Dr. Sears book. crap i think its called High needs or fussy baby? I have it but cant dig it out since its bedtime. And support is crucial i think. I always thought that my HN daughter was normal til i got around other moms with babies who werent. lol.

earthybirthymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #15
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Gavin is just over 3 mos old & I do consider him HN, although he is still young so I do consider it different... I mean he cannot SAY what he wants or needs, but most of the time it's MOMMA who does the trick, go away big brother, leave me alone Daddy

ETA: on the sensitive issue... his sense of smell is LOL we went to Ruby Tuesday tonight and discovered we can NO MORE he screamed bloody murder in there, STOPPED the second we stepped outside with him, so hubby & I took turns eating in there with DSS while the other hung out outside with Gavin does their sense of smell take a bit to develop? cause we used to go when he was like a few weeks-2 mos... no problems

Last edited by Gavin&Brent'sMommy; 06-22-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Gavin&Brent'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #16
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

assuming HN means high needs? Im unsure as its not something im familur with.

I guess I would assume if its realted to being able to soothe ones self my 10 mth old doesnt have that ability she is very mama dependent and usually nurses to soothe. I just kinda assumed it was a part of attachment parenting kwim?

I do suspect that my 4 yr old has adhd, but I also think i have adult adhd.

we are not the dr going type infact aside from trips to the ER we havnt been since last yr when we found out dd1 had a metal/alloy allergy. these are not things I would think to bring up with a dr though as we usually only go when its something serouis that we cant heal on our own kwim?
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #17
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinsMommy
Gavin is just over 3 mos old & I do consider him HN, although he is still young so I do consider it different... I mean he cannot SAY what he wants or needs, but most of the time it's MOMMA who does the trick, go away big brother, leave me alone Daddy

ETA: on the sensitive issue... his sense of smell is LOL we went to Ruby Tuesday tonight and discovered we can NO MORE he screamed bloody murder in there, STOPPED the second we stepped outside with him, so hubby & I took turns eating in there with DSS while the other hung out outside with Gavin does their sense of smell take a bit to develop? cause we used to go when he was like a few weeks-2 mos... no problems
Do you think instead of the smell it could have been the noise level for your ds?

Both myself and my HN daughter are extremely sensitive to sounds. From being a newborn til i was in high school, fireworks would literally be too overwhelming. Baby showers, oh dear, they are wayyyy too much for me. Too many women talking at once and i come home overwhelmed, wiped out and just insane. We cant take dd to the movie theatre as the speakers hurt her ears and she gets upset. Touch is another big thing with us. Neither her nor I can stand tags on our shirts and wool has GOT to be lanolized on her sisters wool covers or it annoys us. Needless to say we are both VERY picky about what touches our skin. But taste is not a problem, we both love things verrrrryyyy garlic and oniony

Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #18
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommalilac
assuming HN means high needs? Im unsure as its not something im familur with.

I guess I would assume if its realted to being able to soothe ones self my 10 mth old doesnt have that ability she is very mama dependent and usually nurses to soothe. I just kinda assumed it was a part of attachment parenting kwim?

I do suspect that my 4 yr old has adhd, but I also think i have adult adhd.

we are not the dr going type infact aside from trips to the ER we havnt been since last yr when we found out dd1 had a metal/alloy allergy. these are not things I would think to bring up with a dr though as we usually only go when its something serouis that we cant heal on our own kwim?

Mountain gave a great link to describe a HN baby, its more then just the inability to self-soothe or sleep thru the night! Check here for more info: http://askdrsears.com/html/5/T050400.asp HTHs

Last edited by earthybirthymom; 06-22-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:07 PM   #19
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

HELP!!!! I don't know what is up with Taci lately,but we can't put her down for a second without her freaking out. Even when she's asleep,if no one is touching her she wakes right up and freaks out. Now I'm starting to really feel bad for her brother and sister who I feel like they don't get the one on one with me because I always have her. Even DH is starting to feel neglected because she has to be touched 24/7.
I thought about CIO,but it's not our style and I'm afraid it'll make her reflux worse.

Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #20
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah- DONT CIO! Simply because i have learned the hardway with my HN child that CIO only made it worse and she was never able to calm down. This was before i knew anything about the effects of CIO has on a child, or AP or anything remotely crunchy! She would cry for 30 mins and then just grow in volume and get to the point of vomiting. EVerything in me told me to pick her up, but my mother insisted she'd get over it with in an hour or two. Well i never let it go past 45 mins. It was enough and im so ashamed to admit we tried it. But hopefully another momma to a HN child willlearn from my horrid mistakes. CIO is much more detremental to a HN child (its bad all around imho) but it seems to go against the very way they are built.

Im hoping you get through this tough time, and lots of hugs to you momma. Can you wear her in a sling or carrier? What about a lovey?