Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:47 AM   #41
Purple Line Design
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: sex and nursing!

Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
well... this is what i suggest...
I know that my dh and I talk about what we like.. and dont like.. and what we want more of .. and it really helps out.. [/spoiler]
That is the best advice and what we've done. We waited until 5.5wk pp to dtd (almost 6wk, we just couldn't wait anymore) - I was having tons of letdown, so I just kept my nursing bra on. We did that way for several weeks, until I could nurse DD and then if she'd emptied me enough, I'd go braless.

DD is now almost 7 months old, and just in the last month or so, DH has asked about touching boobage. I've been OK with it as long as he asks and now I just tell him if it's ok. Truly the talking it all out (sometimes as we're in the middle) it helps me to relax and know that he'll do or not do whatever helps me. Having the bra on really helped me to not worry about leaking and it let him touch them w/o getting milk all over.

The hardest part has been when DD wakes up from a nap while we're dtd. I immediately switch to mommy mode and can't consentrate. But, we still try to not let more than 4-5 days pass without dtd. He goes stircrazy and still recalls the long painful wait of almost 6 wk pp!

I agree with the other mommas. Take it slow, relax and have fun. Though 2wk pp is early, imho.

wife to Mike, momma to Janelle Marie (11/11/06) and Eli Hezekiah (6/16/11). Joyfully expecting #3 (a girl) in October 2012!!!
Reformed Christian, semi-crunchy, SAHM, BF'ing, CD'ing, BW'ing, non-vaxing, coffee & chocolate loving, plan to Homeschool, kinda hippy mama. ;-)
IHA Tons of stuff FSOT here: lots of stuff!!
Purple Line Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #42
Registered Users
My Mood:

wow 2 weeks nipples were so sore and one even had a blister so I would have probably decked him if he even tried to touch my breasts! We did however dtd at 4 weeks pp and he very much enjoyed my new found large breasts! haha...for me it does take a bit more to get me in the mood
Wife to Neil Married 7/2/06 Mama to Taiven age 11, Skye 2 Sawyer Riley 5/28/08
TaivensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #43
Registered Users
My Mood:

With DC #1 when we first dtd I wasn't wearing a nursing bra and I actually squirted milk across the room in bursts when I orgasmed! That turned things off for me after that for a bit because it was too funny, I couldn't stop laughing about it and doing anything remotely sexual just reminded me of it, lol.

It took a lot to get me into the mood again after giving birth, but after the milk thing lessened (no longer leaked like a river) and I was able to get a little bit of sleep, things picked up some. It just took time. And lots of foreplay type things - massages worked great, or showering together. And lots of added lubrication. Might be a good time to incorporate more playful items if you're into that, anything for an extra "boost". And don't forget to buy something a little sexy to wear sometimes, whatever your definition of "sexy" is... I felt so frumpy for so long before and after birth, and even after the kids got older... a little something to make me feel like a sensual woman again really helps!
Homeschooling Mama to Julian (11/12/98) , Sheherazade (11/13/00) , Evander (07/26/07) and Finn (07/18/09)
Wife to my best friend and soul mate (08/17/04)
eirbjorn is offline   Reply With Quote