Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
30 minutes and still tantruming

DS was taking a shower with me and said he was done. I told him if he got out of the shower that was fine, but he was not getting back in. He said okay. Now after I have been out of the shower a half hour, he is still screaming that he wants to take a shower. I want him to learn that I say things because I mean them, and that crying/ throwing a fit doesn't change what mommy says. I tried calming him down and he just hit me and threw a bottle of shampoo at me.

I gave him several options including taking another shower after his nap, turning his light on in his room so that if he wanted to, he could go to his room and calm down, cuddling with me on the bed or couch, mommy picking him up, etc. Nothing is working. Finally I told him I was going into the family room and when he wanted to, he could come in with me.

He is still crying about taking a shower. Now he is finally calming down, but still saying, "mommy, I want to take a shower."

I guess I'm just venting. This is our first major tantrum in the two weeks I've been home with him full-time again.

And the screaming begins again.

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
BRIDEN
Registered Users
Formerly: brveille
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 30 minutes and still tantruming

(((HUGS))) I have a four year old who does this from time to time.. I bet he's just tired adn doesnt want to admit it kwim. I bet if you hold him and maybe humm or something, he will fall asleep I wish I had more to say, but I do know how it feels to hear a little one cry adn finding no way to calm them down
Old 06-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
luv2recycle
Banned

My Mood:

my 3 yr old ds does the samething...worse now that the twins are here...it's hard

but stick to your guns momma!! Thats the best way to show him you are serious
luv2recycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oddly enough, that doesn't bother me at all. I just flat out ignore it. *shrug* I don't like to see my son upset, etc. But when you make something clear, they agree and go on, then that is that. After one or two times of you sticking to your guns, he'll understand which will make it easier on you and more importantly easier on him!