Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Wool Mama Experts

I am new to wool.. just buying my first stash. I am wondering what is the BEST wool soaker/shortie/longies for night time? What is the best wool for nightime? I am asking for a super heavy soaker! Merino seems to be very thin, but super soft. I don't think it would make a good night time cover would it?

Please also include links to any sites that you have for your wool!!

What do you think about Kozy Design wool?

Thanks in advance!!
Kaydee

Advertisement

ClothDiaperingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
abigail
Registered Users
seller

Re: Wool Mama Experts

I don't use wool at night (although I have a pair of super thick recycled wool shorties that I do plan to use in the hotter months) so I have no advice for you about that. As far as Kozy wool, I have one soaker, really liked it, but my DD's thighs are already too chubby for it I know you can find Kozy stuff on FSOT on a regular basis, so a lot of people here are using it, at least for a while
Old 06-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aran or Bulky weight is thick and will work better overnight than worsted. Crocheted is thicker than Knitted and takes more yarn than knitted, so there is more absorbancy there. Then there is Interlock, don't have any personally, so I cannot speak about experiances with that.
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail View Post
I don't use wool at night (although I have a pair of super thick recycled wool shorties that I do plan to use in the hotter months) so I have no advice for you about that. As far as Kozy wool, I have one soaker, really liked it, but my DD's thighs are already too chubby for it I know you can find Kozy stuff on FSOT on a regular basis, so a lot of people here are using it, at least for a while
Have you had any problems with wicking/leaking anything like that?

Thanks!
Kaydee
Old 06-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlsmom1005 View Post
Aran or Bulky weight is thick and will work better overnight than worsted. Crocheted is thicker than Knitted and takes more yarn than knitted, so there is more absorbancy there. Then there is Interlock, don't have any personally, so I cannot speak about experiances with that.
So crocheted is better than knitted? I am asking because a mama is making me a pair right now and asked me which I preferred. I wasn't sure so I told her knitted because I assumed knitted would be better because of the tighter loops/thingys.
I guess I should ask her ASAP!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperingMama View Post
So crocheted is better than knitted? I am asking because a mama is making me a pair right now and asked me which I preferred. I wasn't sure so I told her knitted because I assumed knitted would be better because of the tighter loops/thingys.
I guess I should ask her ASAP!
Well everyone has their personal favorite, but the crocheted will turn out thicker than knitted. I don't know if to say better or not, but it is thicker and there are crocheters out there that crochet tightly and don't have that "lacy/holy" look to them
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlsmom1005 View Post
Well everyone has their personal favorite, but the crocheted will turn out thicker than knitted. I don't know if to say better or not, but it is thicker and there are crocheters out there that crochet tightly and don't have that "lacy/holy" look to them
THANKS for letting me know! I always stay away from crochet things because I thought they would be all lacy/holy kwim? Thanks so much for letting me know!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #8
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We like our Loveybums Wool Jersey Cover. It's nice and lightweight since it's hot here, but we don't seem to be sacrificing anything. It's the only wool I've tried, though, so that's where I'm coming from.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #9
MaggieSqrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IMHO nothing beats Peace Fleece yarn for heavy wetters. Knit is excellent, but with a tight crochet, Peace Fleece is absolutely bulletproof

It's not super-soft though - that's the drawback. It's fine for my DD and many of my customers, but a lot of people think it isn't soft enough for their DC.

HTH!

"Learn to Dye Wool Yarn Kit" and undyed yarn available, too!

Last edited by MaggieSqrl; 06-05-2007 at 04:26 PM.
MaggieSqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also easy to get and works great is babyology. They are cut funky but I find they work great at night. They are pretty cheap too. You can always find them on ebay.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ogy&category0=
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote