Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh.my.God. I am about to freak out.

I got about 3 hours of sleep total last night, since DD decided she would get up several times crying, not wanting to do anything but scream. So, I get up, and I've been doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, and the whole nine yards all day. I made a couple shirts and mailed them. Ran over to my school to turn things in for Graduation. Met with the Insurance Adjustor for my car. What is my Mom doing through all this? Sleeping. So, then, later, when I am trying to take a quick nap, she's watching TV and eating. WTF? She can't even help me with the baby for 30 minutes while I take a nap?! God. So, then I just give up and I'm changing her enormous disgusting blowout all over our WHITE dipe! There are no wipes downstairs, so I have to ask her to go get me some more (slowly, at that), while I'm trying to keep her hot little hands out of her own ****. Then, I'm trying to put her pants on, and she keeps barrel-rolling, so I'm like "Whatever, Madison, don't wear pants then." And I put her down. My Mom is like "I know you're tired, but you don't have to get mad about it." But, I'm not mad about the dipe or anything, I'm mad because she couldn't get off her @$$ to help me! So, Madison is taking apart the bookshelf in the room we're sitting in. She's taking down books and throwing them. And I am letting her, because I just can't even deal with this right now. Whatever. I'll clean the books up later. Curious George is on, the gate is up, and she is safe. I'll just let her self-destruct.

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh.my.God. I am about to freak out.

We all have days like that. Have you specifically asked your mom to do something? Like could you watch Madison while I take a nap? Maybe she doesn't want to sept on your toes.
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel mama. Tommy is only like a few days younger than your DD, and he is not sleeping like at all lately. I am lucky to get 4-6 hours of very broken sleep per night, then throughout the day my kids get into everything! My DH comes home and expects me to be in a good mood, the kids to be dressed, and the house to not look like a tornado went through it. Trust me he gets chewed out if he says 1 word about my mood or the house, cuz I'm too tired and too irritated by the end of the day to deal with it.

Good luck mama! Just try to relax some.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
Teenbeendeesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are right, if she is safe and being quiet, just pick the books up later Sometimes they just have to make a mess so momma can at least sit still for 2 minutes. I hope things are better for you tomorrow. Go to bed early and hopefully wake up with a fresh start!

Tommy(7) , Robert(6) , David(4) , Jonathan (2), Christopher(9.24)
Teenbeendeesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ss mama... we all have days like that.. so boy do we know hw you feel Personally I would have told my mother something... we tend to speak our mind over here... lol...that would get under my skin as well.. esp when she said that you dont need to get mad about it... I might have flung poop at her.. jk.... but it would have crossed my mind..
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #7
kthoelen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally am right there with you. My dh is wonderful but lately I am exhausted from a crying baby that wants to eat all day. I just get breakfast at 1pm and then he comes home and falls asleep on the couch or the chair. NOw he sleeps all thru the night while I get up to feed the baby and then have to shake the poo out of him to get him awake for work. Yet I am not suppose to get mad when he falls asleep after work.

I hope you have a better night tonight.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
Inkdboy
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya... I have a 7 month old who's colicky(still) has severe allergies to the world... my 2 1/2 year old lost his blankie on Saturday.. So he hasnt taken a nap since then.
When times are rough and I'm about to lose it, if there destroying the house. I let them... becuase there is no use screaming at them, it just makes it worse.
Hugs Momma....Things will get better...Its these moments that will look back on and laugh(hopefully).
Inkdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #9
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

maybe I'm slow, but I'm not getting why you are mad at your mom? I've been a single mom in the past,living with my parents & they never helped me out. It wasn't their baby, so why should they? Sure, it would have been nice, but then so would have a lot of things.

I do hear you on the no sleep thing. I have 2 babies under 10 months to care for. I haven't had a good nights sleep since 5 kids ago! My dh complains about his lack of sleep, then proceeds to snore all night while I am up. Then nap every chance he gets. he's lucky he is still alive.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Nice. Reminds me of my MIL - clueless at times. I am sure she means well, but you know, some women actually want us to "learn a lesson" of what is was like for them raising us! I know, wtf!

Tara