Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 07:48 AM   #1
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Burning question for Vaxing parents

I hate to start yet another vaxing thread but nobody really has brough this up in the previous threads and it's really a burning question that I can no longer keep inside, I will explode!

This question was posed to me when I was a hard-core vaxing parent who's passion it was to try and tell non-vaxer's they were putting their kids at risk and though them really stupid parents. Wow, have things every changed!

Anyway, somebody asked ME if I was fully updated on my vax's and I couldn't say I was!

So my question for vaxing parents is the same: Are YOU fully vax'd against all you are afraid your children will get?

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Re: Burning question for Vaxing parents

Yes mam!!

However I am not really hard core vax! My oldest is up to date, and my youngest is a little behigned due how his birth went.

we did do flu shots this year though...well I gues actually last year. The rason being that we just moved to another country right before peak flu season. No time to get use to those forign germs
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

That's good! I think back now and realize how contradictory we were to so passionately vax our children, telling others how important it was to keep up on our vax's but we never thought ONCE about ourselves as adults
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yes Ma'am
Old 06-21-2006, 08:23 AM   #5
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I'm not vaxed & neither are my kiddos. Even when we were vaxing, I wan't up to date though...
Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #6
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i can't say i am....i can't get the tetanus though due to my reaction as an infant to the dtp. not saying i would react that way now, but my mother was always too worried and just skipped that one each time we have vax's done.
my kids currently are one shot behind....more so due to my utter laziness lately. we moved from CO to TX last year and there's a hep shot required here that was not required there so they both need that. other than that they're up to date.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
HumblePie98
Registered Users

My Mood:

I vax. I guess I never really thought it was an option to NOT vax. It's just something mainstream society does. When Haidyn was born they just handed me a paper and said sign this for his hep shot, and I did. I never questioned it. Haidyn is up to date right now. After what happened last time, I'm not sure I will give him any more.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:40 AM   #8
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea if I am or not...I'm guessing probebly not. I haven't gotten a shot since my Rogam shot last pregnancy. So probebly not.

Though, in my defense, I am currently researching vax's to make a more informed decision for my children

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #9
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am probably not. Both of my kids are, but I am thinking of stopping with them and not vaxing another if it should come along??? I haven't done the research though because I have been so busy, not that that is an excuse.
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #10
mommypooh
Registered Users

I am totally up to date for my vax's I recieved several right after giving birth to my DS. My children are vax'd some. My DD was vax'd until she was 2 and didn't recieve the CHickenpox vaccine. My DS was vax'd to a year and didn't recieve teh Chickenpox vaccine either. They are now 3 1/2 and 17 months and will recieve no more vax's. I just don't agree with them. To much risk and not enough evidence they work.

But back to teh original question yes I am completly up to date. but I will get no more for me.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote