Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #11
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Burning question for Vaxing parents

For those who DO vax themselves: what vax's do you get and how often should you get them?

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #12
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

when i came to the states to college i had to be vaxed (1990) dont ask me what i got cuz i dunno. ithink i got some when i got in the army but again dont ask me what. i have no clue (1999) .
idont get flu shots, never did. in latinamerica there is no such thing so i never did.
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #13
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

I havent been vaxed since I was 10 years old or so. The only reason I was vaxed then is because I was travelling all over the world with the military.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #14
momto2sweeties
Registered Users
seller

I delay vax my kids.....(like one at a time) and no MMR, Chicken pox or flu vaccines, but yes, I do believe I'm up to date on all my shots. I grew up overseas so that's one of the reasons I've had so many shots.
FTR though, I do believe that vaccinations do harm many children, and if my son had reacted to his first shot, there would have been no more. Also, no way in hades I'm giving him an mmr until maybe he is 6 or so. Even so, I always hold my breath and bit when he gets a shot, and pray that he doesn't react. Why then do I still give him shots??? Well, there are a number of reasons I can't really go into detail right now. When I told my dr I wanted to give him his shots one at a time, and spaced out, do you know what he and the nurse asked me??? Are you in the health profession??? Why in the world do they think that would be a decision someone in the health field would make, yet tell the next person who comes in to give their kids four shots at once.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:31 AM   #15
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Yep fully vaxed here. Both dh and I.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #16
aliks
Registered Users
seller

The last shot I got was the flu shot, I bet I need a tetanus one, I can't remember when the last time was that I got that. I'll probably get an arm full of shots if we go overseas too. ETA-I don't believe that people who don't vax are stupid, whatever works for your family or beliefs is fine by me-I wouldn't like it if someone told me I'm stupid for vaxing, kwim?

Last edited by aliks; 06-21-2006 at 10:05 AM.
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #17
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I'm PRETTY SURE that I'm all up to date - maybe a tetanus? Dunno Better ask my Mom lol
Old 06-21-2006, 10:18 AM   #18
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliks
ETA-I don't believe that people who don't vax are stupid, whatever works for your family or beliefs is fine by me-I wouldn't like it if someone told me I'm stupid for vaxing, kwim?
Good Cause I know what some are thinking of me because it's what I use to think but never, ever said to others. I am ashamed to admit that I even thought it but I did. But I am proud to say that I never said it.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #19
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

I am fully vaxed. But my child will not because of a severe allergic reaction to the MMR so the dotor declared alternative vaxing.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:44 AM   #20
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

Thought I was but found out during this pregnancy that I am immune to neither chicken pox or rubella. I do plan on getting boosters after it's safe for me to do so; my reasoning is that I can't afford to get chicken pox for the first time as an adult with four kids having them! (The kids will NOT get the chicken pox shot). I'll get the rubella shot because of the potential serious complications to an unborn fetus if I were to contract it while pregnant.

None of us have been or plan to be vaccinated for the flu, pneumonia, or other "little" illnesses. However as I have mentioned before, we live within a 2 hr distance of both a mumps outbreak and a rubella outbreak within the past two years...it's scary when kids start dying near you from things that we have the ability to prevent or reduce the severity of. Just my