Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
Scarlet
Registered Users
seller

Need Britax help....

My 2yr old has a Decathalon and once my 4 month old has outgrown his infant seat I want to move him to the Decathalon and get my 2yr old a Regent......s big but HOLY MOLY!

untill I saw the pic of a regent on the carseat thread...I knew it was big but HOLY MOLY!

it looks HUGE in the pics.....my question is can someone who owns these seats please measure them at the widest point? actually I am going out and can measure my Decathalon thoday but I am curious how wide the Regent is at the widest point? Mabye it isnt any wider than the Decathalon at the thigh part that flares out.

Advertisement

Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
nadjarea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need Britax help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
My 2yr old has a Decathalon and once my 4 month old has outgrown his infant seat I want to move him to the Decathalon and get my 2yr old a Regent......s big but HOLY MOLY!

untill I saw the pic of a regent on the carseat thread...I knew it was big but HOLY MOLY!

it looks HUGE in the pics.....my question is can someone who owns these seats please measure them at the widest point? actually I am going out and can measure my Decathalon thoday but I am curious how wide the Regent is at the widest point? Mabye it isnt any wider than the Decathalon at the thigh part that flares out.
Mine are about 21in across the back....it's not that wide at the bottom. so that's the widest point. If you need anymore measurements pm me!

Oh and the Regent is an excellent seat!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
OwensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Go to www.carseatdata.org

If you click on " common measurements" you will find everything you need. Then you can also see if it will fit well in your car here.

Great site.
OwensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how big is your 2yr old? Your health dept can hook you up with a free convert. seat if the baby is outgrowing the infant seat. Then the 2yr old can stay rear facing in the decath and the baby can rear face in the convert they give you. Then when the 2yr old NEEDS to FF you could get a Regent. Waiting a year will get you more time in the Regent. My 9 yro son, and my 10yro niece, and my 11yro neighbor can all still fit in the Regent!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Scarlet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoed View Post
how big is your 2yr old? Your health dept can hook you up with a free convert. seat if the baby is outgrowing the infant seat. Then the 2yr old can stay rear facing in the decath and the baby can rear face in the convert they give you. Then when the 2yr old NEEDS to FF you could get a Regent. Waiting a year will get you more time in the Regent. My 9 yro son, and my 10yro niece, and my 11yro neighbor can all still fit in the Regent!

I forgot to mention, the 4month old isnt close to outgrowin hus seat, Im just a planner but my 2yr old is 36inches and 35lbs so he is FF My boys are linebackers.....my almost 6yr old outgrew his Marathon at age 4 because his shoulders were too wide for him to sit back in the seat. he is now 4ft 4 and 67 lbs....and will be 6 on 19 July

Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote