Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 10:16 AM   #11
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sretch marks?

I didn't w/DS #1 but after DS #2 I looked like I was attacked by a tiger or something I've used this oil on it though & it's really helped it lighten up.

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #12
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

No stretch marks??? LMBO Um, so not me! LOL I have a reasonable number of them that were very very light, faded to silver in a couple months after delivery...nothing to outlandish...but I'm already growing new ones now! I think I'll be very very very very stretched by the time the twinbits arrive!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #13
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, I wonder about that study? I also didn't tear with either of my deliveries...they told me I had a superficail tear with DD1 I guess, whatever that means?!?!? But thats it. I didn't have an epi either. I've heard it was better to tear than get cut.

I remember when my BF got pregnant and had a baby at 16. She had the biggest purple stretch marks all over her tummy. I remember being mortified for her. Do they go away with time?

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #14
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my daughter I developed light stretch marks on the tops of my breasts. And I think the ones I have on the insides of my thighs actually happened during labour?

My mother developed many stretch marks from her three pregnanacies. Her sister, who takes exceptional care of her skin didn't develope any notable stretch marks during her three. I really think that while a good deal of it is genetic, another major factor in how your skin deals with pregnancy and weight gain has to do with how well you take care of your skin not only when you are pregnant but also when you aren't pregnant. Can't start taking good care of your skin once you get a positive pregnancy test and expect to come out with minimal damage. You need to lotion your body everyday, especially after bathing. Water really dries skin out.
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #15
Emma
Registered Users
seller

The only I've gotten have been a few on my hips. And even then, we're talking maybe 2 or 3 on each side. None anywhere else.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:56 PM   #16
Willys Woolies
Registered Users

I've given birth to five babies and I didn't get a single one!!!! My mother has them so bad (3 children) that her stomach reminds me of elephant skin! My sister got them too! I was parinoid and I used Palmers Coconut Oil each time I was pregnant every morning and every night. I'm not saying that this definately helps, I know a lot of people will dispute it, but I don't have any stretch marks. It smelled good and felt good rubbing it on my belly anyway so it was a good thing if it helped or not!
Willys Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #17
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Stretch marks never go away, they just fade. Mine were purplish too but are now more silverish.

As for the tearing this will make you cringe. When I had my son he weighed 9lbs. 13ozs and my hips had not spread to accomodate him. He was coming out vaginally when they realized just how big he must be. I started to tear and that didn't help so they cut me to the left, to the right and straight down just to make enough room. The doctor said I required just over 100 stitches down there. When dd came along I was scared to death but she was much smaller and I just got a superficial tear that they didn't even stitch up. I have a feeling this one is going to be bigger so I'll keep you posted!!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #18
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

A lot of my stretch marks (hips and slightly around to my butt, boobs, thighs) are due to puberty...but the ones on my belly are pregnancy....and I didn't get any with ds1 until...something like 33 weeks...I thought I was getting away stretch mark free..but.. noooooooo. They exploded after that first one showed. With ds2, I don't think I got any more..but the ones I had got wider and longer. They even go down into my pubic bone (or rather, the skin that covers it!)...and then most of the ones on the inside of my thighs, behind my legs, and down into my calves...and then a very slight few (like...2-3) on my arms into my armpit are from just being too big for too long I guess. The ones on my armpits (or whatever) are fairly new and they really inspired me to lose weight. I'm working on it hard now and hopefully won't get anymore!

I sure wish I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get them. My mom didn't! She said she weighed 114 (at 28yo) when she went in to birth me....when she left, she was 112. Makes me sick!! I was 224 with #1 and 217 with #2. Not fair at all! Thankfully, I'm 175 today and hopefully still losing!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #19
Larissa
Registered Users

I am pregnant with my third baby right now, and I have never gotten any stretch marks on my belly. I have a few light stretch marks on my breasts, but that is it. This is sad to say, but I rarely to never use lotion. So, I am not sure why I don't get stretch marks. It's certainly not because I use lotion after every shower???
Larissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #20
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i don't really know that lotion necessarily prevents them....possibly it helps? i dunno. as i said i think it's more genetics than anything. and as far as the "tearing is better theory" for delivering it really depends on the situation. the way this got started was b/c some ob's don't cut far enough and that can make you tear. think making a cut in a t-shirt and then pulling at both sides. but if you NEED the episiotimy and it's done properly it doesn't make anything any worse.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote