Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

What is the best thing to use for pureeing baby food?

I was just wondering what you mammas use to puree things for the babes. I have a regular size food processor, but is too big to get out for little amounts.

I am looking for something easy to use, easy to clean, and small. Should I look into a baby food processor or a hand held drink mixer?

And to clarify, I should not take store bought carrots and puree them right? Only in the jar is okay?

Advertisement

Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the best thing to use for pureeing baby food?

I have a bullet and love it. My dad got it for me just for dd's food, but I use it for everything!!
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

Where do you find the "bullet", is it a magic bullet or kissmixer?
Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I use my braun hand mixer-very easy to use and cleans up even easier. You can use fresh veggies-just steam them til soft, then puree.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a mini food processor I used. I received it for a present before I had my ds. It worked great. I big food processor would be too big. I would make big batches and freeze the extra. I used icecube trays to freeze the extra in and then transfer to freezer bags. I liked this alot. I would make combos veggies mixed together when my son was bigger.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used big food processor most of the time (when making big batches), however in the beginning there were a few things it didn't grind up enough to my liking. IN those cases I used the blender and it got it super smooth. (I've heard the same thing on the bullet...good reviews). As he moved to more textured foods, i blended and pureed less and eventually got to where each meal I'd just put his serving in a tiny food processor we keep on the counter (only 10 dollars or so at walmart), now we don't have to puree anything and I'll just cut little pieces up wiht the fork and he'll eat it. I also occasionally used a manual grinder.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #7
momtolg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just use the puree button on my blender, and then freeze the extra in ice cube trays. It works very well, and I don't have to puree every time we make a food!

Yes, I believe you shouldn't use carrots, but I think that is the only one. A great website someone linked me to is www.wholesomebabyfood.com. It is full of great info on making your own baby food!

Michelle
Mommy to Luke , Grace , and David
momtolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

We use the magic bullet. You can get it online from buythebullet.com or if you have a Costco near you, they have them there as well!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
lizzytra
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotzally View Post
Where do you find the "bullet", is it a magic bullet or kissmixer?

I just saw "the bullet" at linens and things a week ago

I use a food mill I have seen at babies r us that you crank with your hand - less than $10.00

Someone gave us a little "handy chopper" looks like a mni food processer and I LOOVEd that too.

I also use this little hand held mesh thing that the baby sucks on and it strains itself. I put banannas in it and other mushy food for my dd to "eat"... the only way I can get her to eat anything at this point!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
Phooey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why shouldn't you use carrots?

I always just got bags of frozen veggies, thawed them, steamed them, then put them in the blender then in ice cube trays then into freezer bags.

Phooey on going back up to check out that link...
Kim, WIFE to an amazing hubby, MOM to Duncan (12 - early teenager syndrome), Jensen (10 - middle child syndrome), two angels, Rowan (3 - preschooler syndrome), and Kaylen Grace (born 10/29/10 - Down syndrome).
Phooey is offline   Reply With Quote