Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
wanting to stop breastfeeding!

i breastfed my son 12 months.. at 21 months he still gets my milk in acup sometimes.

my daughter its been 7 months breastfeeding and i cant take anymore. im so tired i cant sleep. i have major anxiety, im extremely irratible. all she does it cry ALL DAY unless you are standing up and walking around with her. I thought she would have outgrown the colick by now.

she wont take a bottle AT ALL. not even breastmilk. ive tried like 11 different nipples and bottles! which makes it worse. i feel like i cant quit even if I wanted to.

but she is on my boob all day everyday. major comfort nurser! but sometimes even the boob cant comfort her and i think thats the worst part!

she is on solids and that helps. idk what else to do i tried cutting dairy out of my diet for a while.. that made no difference. she spits up like MAD. im jst going nuts!

i cant bring myself to quit but i really want to!

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: wanting to stop breastfeeding!

How long did you cut out dairy? and did you cut it ALL out? You need to be TOTALLY off it for at least 3wks to know if there's a difference. You can also try cutting out soy, wheat, eggs, and acidic foods (like tomatoes, citrus, stuff like that).

I've been there. BUT, now I know that nursing (and my diet) was not the source of our problems.. It's mostly just my DDs personality. She's EXTREMELY high needs. She's now nearly 17mo and still nursing (though not really getting anything at all, as I'm halfway through pg.. she comfort nurses about 3-4x a day though) - she's very demanding and goes through phases where she is just plain crabby more often than not.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that sounds liek my daughter . I cut dairy out for about 3 months. then i started adding it back in again. i dont see a difference one way or the other with her. my daughter i think just wants undivided attention all the time and im too tired (and emotionally tired) to give it to her. i need a vacation!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

Like Dr. Sears, I don't think there is such a thing as "colic". If a baby is crying all the time, spitting up all the time...something is wrong. You have to cut dairy out for at least a month (all dairy) before you can rule that out. If it isn't dairy, it could be something else you are eating...wheat, tomato, etc. Have you tried infant massage? How about wrapping or some other form of BWing so that your baby can BF while you can still get things done?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:34 AM   #5
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

We didn't breastfeed (long story), but this sounds like my son I'm going to 2nd the personality thing.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:46 AM   #6
Missah78
Banned
seller

My Mood:

My DS was acting like this and I figured out (by doing the elimination diet) that it was peanut butter causing her to cry constantly. As soon as I stopped eating peanut butter she was like a whole different baby! (well temp anyway...I think milk is the next to go!). Have you tried the elimination diet.
Missah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
tawnia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you wearing her? My Mayawrap saved my life with my high needs 2-yo.
She is weaned now (she quit about 3 months into my last pregnancy), but she still acts like a nursing baby sometimes at 30 months. This child is constantly in arms! No allergies, she is just a needy soul. That didn't change when she weaned!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:03 AM   #8
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_brycesmom View Post
Like Dr. Sears, I don't think there is such a thing as "colic". If a baby is crying all the time, spitting up all the time...something is wrong.
I guess you've never had a baby that cried day in and day out for no reason whatsoever. You are very wrong in this statement. Until you have a child that cries for over a year and there is no medical reason why, then you can tell me colic doesn't exist. My child had colic. She cried constantly for over a year. She had absolutely nothing wrong with her medically. I carried her around all the time in a sling/wrap and nothing helped. The first year of her life I was a walking zombie because she cried so much and for no reason. Sometimes, sweetie, babies do cry and for no reason at all. Some babies even do it for extended periods of time. I went to tons of doctors because I was sure something was wrong, there was NOTHING wrong, she just cried.
ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #9
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewebabymama View Post
I guess you've never had a baby that cried day in and day out for no reason whatsoever. You are very wrong in this statement. Until you have a child that cries for over a year and there is no medical reason why, then you can tell me colic doesn't exist. My child had colic. She cried constantly for over a year. She had absolutely nothing wrong with her medically. I carried her around all the time in a sling/wrap and nothing helped. The first year of her life I was a walking zombie because she cried so much and for no reason. Sometimes, sweetie, babies do cry and for no reason at all. Some babies even do it for extended periods of time. I went to tons of doctors because I was sure something was wrong, there was NOTHING wrong, she just cried.
i also read a book by Dr. Sears - The Fussy Baby - he talks about colicky babies in that book - he also relabels them, but he devotes around 1/2 the book to it
i was *lucky* b/c my first only cried inconsolubly for the first 3 months- but he refused co-naps, baby wearing, he is very anti-attachment parenting -
he still just wants to go and do and see and if he cant he's pissed off and letting everyone- esp me know about it

the second son is so different- same diet - same parents - he wants to be carried to see everything too but likes a pouch, napping in arms and co-sleeping (sort of - i tried to sleep while he eats but at least i can lay down this time)

momma --- i think i would have given up nursing if i were in your place ... being a human pacifer is something you cant understand unless you've done it and there is only so long that (imo) you can do it
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #10
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my husband created the ruckas in our house after the ds learned to walk well (about 11 months) by making the rule "no more walking the baby" since he could go easliy on his own. ie no walking the baby just so he can see what he wants b/c he had gotton very bossy about it and it wasnt about closeness for him- he'd cried if you sat down - he ONLY liked be held while walking - so it was just the walking
momma