Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:
Question what to use on a newborn? (help!!)

Ok, I have cd 2 babies thus far, and never yet a newborn, but have baby due in 3.5 months.

I have some newborn diapers thus far...1 kissaluvs 0 and several Very Baby's xs...

but my question is, what else is there?

I want something that can last between nursings, and I gotta be honest, the kissaluvs I have is cute, but... I worry about absorbency truthfully. I owned some of these when I first started Cd'ing and I was not really impressed. They are very soft and very cute, but I recall lots of leaks etc. This one does not have a doubler, and neither did my other ones...so maybe thats why??

Anyway, to make a long story short, I am a cloth diapering princess and I honestly do not want to do prefolds...period. There is nothing that seems easy to me about pins. I have tried them, I hated them...

So, now that I have spilled my guts and probably look like a spolied rotten mama tell me....is there any other fitted or AIO or any kind of diapers out there that are good for newborns that have the umbilical cord cut out AND do not require pins???

I really want mostly AIO's or something similar, fitteds are ok too, but prefer the AIO's.

Please help me...I don't know WHERE to begin!!

Advertisement

beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: what to use on a newborn? (help!!)

Snappi's are love. I started using only prefolds on DD#1 and that's what I'm using (will be using) for the new baby too. :goodvibes
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
beautiful8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, call me dumb, but do they really stay on? I have looked at those ( online anyway) and can't for the life of me figure out HOW they would stay on? Do they clip?

I know people love prefolds, but I don't wanna fold either...unless of course there is nothing else. I can't BEAR the thought of putting my new baby princess in sposies

I don't know.
I don't want to seem down on prefolds, but I have 6 kids and changing diapers has to be QUICK kwim??? ( and easy) whichis why I have always invested the money in the fitteds. I need easy, pure and simple especially with this being baby #7
And I don't know of dh would go for prefolds. he is fairly crunchy, and actually likes to cd, but I don't think he would go for that. :/
Old 06-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2a6pack View Post
ok, call me dumb, but do they really stay on? I have looked at those ( online anyway) and can't for the life of me figure out HOW they would stay on? Do they clip?

I know people love prefolds, but I don't wanna fold either...unless of course there is nothing else. I can't BEAR the thought of putting my new baby princess in sposies

I don't know.
I don't want to seem down on prefolds, but I have 6 kids and changing diapers has to be QUICK kwim??? ( and easy) whichis why I have always invested the money in the fitteds. I need easy, pure and simple especially with this being baby #7
And I don't know of dh would go for prefolds. he is fairly crunchy, and actually likes to cd, but I don't think he would go for that. :/

http://www.snappibaby.com/generic0.html

That tells you about Snappi's. Once you get used to them they're easy to use. Yeah it's not as easy as just doing some snaps to begin with, but it's not like trying to use pins. I have a few pins and I'll admit I'm too scared to use them too.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
beautiful8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah the second time I tried to use pins I jammed one right up into my thumb
OUCH, it hurt so bad!!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
beautiful8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok so...the little groove teeth hook it then the plastic part slips over? hmmm..ok.

But I am pretty sure again that dh will not dig the prefolding, ever.

I love the colored ones, matter of fact, I just dyed some last week that I use as stuffers for my FB's...but thats about it *lol*
Old 06-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #7
opheliabliss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only use the plastic loop to pull with. I never slide it over the teeth. I think the loop is there for when your not using it. (waste o time)
Lucy Hope 08/15/09

Last edited by opheliabliss; 06-08-2007 at 07:26 AM.
opheliabliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
opheliabliss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some people are finding luck with the BGs 2.0 os for newborns.
Lucy Hope 08/15/09
opheliabliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:36 AM   #9
Mamalicious
Registered Users

My Mood:

How often do you change newbs? I changed mine every hour or two and found the kl0 perfect. No, they aren't as absorbant--but you change them frequently anyway. They also contain nb poop really well. You could use a doubler in the kl0 to add absorbancy. Otherwise doesn't the bg 2.0 os have a notch for the umbilical cord? I know one of the AIOs does.
Mamalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:47 AM   #10
shannong
Registered Users
seller

I plan to use a combo of prefolds, (I know you said you would rather not ) and Mother ease XS sandies. These are fitted diapers with side snaps. They are terry or you can also get them in organic cotton terry I believe it is. they run about $8 new for non organic diapers. You can also get doublers for them If you think you will need/want them. The ME airflow covers (side snap also) are wonderful!! They also have a "rinki wrap"that is velcro closure. The Diapers are VERY absorbant once they are preped.

I have used the ME sandies toddler ease with my 2.5 year old. (Same diaper, just much bigger) and loved it! with a Air flow cover. I wouldn't reccamend it over night for a heavy wetting toddler, but I know some mamms swear by them for night time.

I also have a few BG AIO in Size small to try out. They do make an XS with an a cord dip also

Shannon
shannong is offline   Reply With Quote