Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #11
danaalex
Registered Users

Re: Getting soaker soaked/compression leaks.. advise?

i thought i responded to this post yesterday with a long drawn out post. guess not.

we use wool, almost exclusively. i do own some AIos and 3 pockets, but otherwise everything is wool here. i have NEVER lanolized any of the current wool we are using. i do wash on occassion, and i use wool wash with lanolin in it. naturally luxe liquid wool wash has 50% lanolin. otherwise, none of our wool has ever sat in the sink in melted lanolin.

my guess is that it's not lack of lanolizing or not often enough. we have some kiwi pie wool covers and some luxe pull on covers. i have never experienced compression wicking with either, especially not the kiwi pies. my DD is a super duper heavy wetter. she holds and floods kinda thing.

for over night, could you put her in a heavy duty dipe, wool cover and then wool pants or shorts? or use a wool cover and PUL too? sometimes i do that with AIOs and then a wool cover or shorts over that. i double up on wool often too.

as for the car, because when your DD pees it goes to the exact same place and she's sitting on that spot, i would suggest two layers of wool, or the PUL and wool, or a wool liner, and i would definitely change her before putting her in the car each and every time.

i truthfully don't think it has anything to do with your wash/lanolizing. a good dipe is worth it's weight in gold, a not so hot dipe is worth just about nothing!

i hope you can get it figured out

Advertisement

danaalex is offline   Reply With Quote