Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:
GAD, SEZ, FB, BG, or HH for chubby babes?**Update

So DS just went for his 2-month checkup yesterday and he's 24" long and 15 pounds 5 oz already. (I can hear the comments now...) lleyes2: Anyway, I love his SEZ, but he's kind of getting too long already for his mediums but the larges seem so big. He was in a Medium SEZ fleece pocket the other night that was fully stuffed with a SEZ nighttime insert, and when I picked him up to change him, he had wiggled out of his diaper (I usually put him in a t-shirt with a diaper and swaddle him). I have a hard time fitting his thighs, waist, and rise all at the same time. I was thinking about trying GADs. I like his BGs but the material is not my absolute favorite to buy a whole stash. Anybody with a chubba-chubb like mine have any experience???

***Thanks for all your help. I'm getting sort of frustrated right now, as I just ordered quite a few SEZ CM that either just barely fit or fit now but won't much longer. (In my defense, the CMs I had before fit pretty well, but I guess he's going through a growth spurt or something.) I got a couple skinny larges that fit somewhat better, but I can't get a good snugness around the thigh. I hate to put these on FSOT, but it looks like I'll have to if I want to buy more dipes that fit. UGH!!! DH will kill me! I still don't really know what I'll get to replace them. I guess I should just get more BGs and stick with them, but they just really aren't my favorites. I guess the good thing with them, though, is that I've yet to have a blowout with them... Oh, well, look for some LN EUC SEZ on FSOT as soon as I can post pics...

Advertisement

Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here

Last edited by rebeccah5; 06-22-2006 at 12:21 PM.
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: GAD, SEZ, FB, BG, or HH for chubby babes?

My friend's baby is pretty chunky and she loves GADs.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
mom2t
Registered Users
seller

Just sent you a PM about Mother Eve Grow With Me dipe. Sounds like it would be perfect.
mom2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really like GADs. My DS has a skinny waist with larger thighs. The GADs work great for us. The higher cut leg holes are great for us. My DS is on the smallest waist snap and middle leg snap at 10.5 months. He is 19.5 lbs and 29 in. We also really like HHs. Good luck!
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
benjason
Registered Users
seller

We love our GADs for our chubby 5 month old! He's 21 lbs with very chubby thighs and a long rise. The medium longs fit my son well since it has an extra 1 inch in the rise -- Snap EZ were too low in the rise for us. Shannon doesn't stock many medium longs, but you can get a custom order through her Thursdays stockings. Great customer service too!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the opposite problem, but I think GAD's would work because they are higher cut. It's more of a crotch fit then a leg fit like SEZ's are. I do love SEZ's though maybe you just need to go up in the rise. Ruth will add snaps to the larges to make them last longer. My guy is only 14 months and is 33.5" long! Really tall for his age. We're in larges or petites in everything. GAD's seem like they'd fit any baby. The are just so trim.

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Chunky monkey here with 12.5-13 inch thighs and about 26 lbs. We have tried all of these.

FB-didn't make it past smalls because they leaked

GAD-love em!! Had a huge stash of custom mediums that fit for a long while. Haven't had the $$ to get many more now that she is in larges, but the two that I have fit on the second snap at the thigh. Lots of room to grow. Shannon is awesome to work with!

SEZ-I really want to love these diapers but they are not my favorite. She fit mediums for about as longs as she was in GADs. I tried to fit her in a large with extra snaps for a long time. It was always a little too big even when I snapped on the extra snaps. What seemed to fit perfectly, and still does, is the skinny large (go figure!)

HH-tried a large on her and it left red marks on her thighs! They were too tight.

BG-this is the majority of my stash. They fit well around her thighs and don't leave red marks. I really like them because they just don't leak. I wish more colors were available, but right now I am all about functionality and this is it.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by marvelous; 06-21-2006 at 09:52 PM.
marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd is a little chunky at 4 mos and the only info I have for ya is her SEZ mediums are becoming too tight around her thighs but lg fits great (except for the high rise in back which I don't mind)
Old 06-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #9
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

DS is 5 months, 21lbs, 27" long and has 14" thighs. Talk about a tough fit! Right now I really like med HH. They are prob my fav b/c they are nice around his legs.

I also have med FB, which depending on a lot of things, they can either be too small or just right. I'm not sure how I feel about them...

Med SBs are so trim, but he doesn't last as long in them, so I don't use them for long outings (I think it's b/c of the trim crotch area)

Have a med fleece FF which is great! Just sold my med GAD b/c it was too small. I do love those!

SEZ coming soon...

HTH!!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #10
momtotwinboyz
Registered Users
seller

For my boys I preferred the higher rise diapers like Happy Heiny's, Ella's, Baby Blanket & Drybees over SEZ, GAD's, FB's and other lower rise diapers. They seemed to have more stuffing room(no turned and top stitched dipes. I prefer the fleece/suede to roll out), better coverage in front and much fewer leaks.
momtotwinboyz is offline   Reply With Quote