Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #31
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok Seriously, get off my BACK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Tell them you'll wean her when she has boobs of her own.
LMAO

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #32
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
Babies should be held when fed - whether it's a bottle or the boob!

JMO.
I agree totally, but my 2nd dd barely wanted to be held ever including and especially when being fed...our nursing relationship was very fitfull and almost violent at times cause she did NOT want to be close when eating...even my mom was surprised while holding her (she was 2 months at the time) when she became very fussy and fidgety...I told her to put her down, and she calmed right down and even smiled. Even at almost 2, she is just not a snuggler like my first. My first would have had surgery to permanently attach herself to me so this was all weird till I just accepted that she was a different baby....
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #33
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Tell them you'll wean her when she has boobs of her own.

That's a good one! Too bad can't use it on DS.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #34
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
I agree totally, but my 2nd dd barely wanted to be held ever including and especially when being fed...our nursing relationship was very fitfull and almost violent at times cause she did NOT want to be close when eating...even my mom was surprised while holding her (she was 2 months at the time) when she became very fussy and fidgety...I told her to put her down, and she calmed right down and even smiled. Even at almost 2, she is just not a snuggler like my first. My first would have had surgery to permanently attach herself to me so this was all weird till I just accepted that she was a different baby....
That sounds like my daughter. She was just not a snuggler. I had to prop up the bottle for her in order to get her to eat more than an ounce at a time. She was hungry, but just got mad when held, cuz it always woke her up. I always noticed that she was independent though. She likes to do things for herself now. My son on the other hand is a snuggler. He always wants to be held. Like right now he is snuggling on my lap. My daughter snuggles sometimes now, but not often...just when she wants to snuggle like her brother. It is cute!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #35
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

My dd never liked to lay down and nurse either but I had to do it that way or NO way I wasn't giving into a bottle. She too is not a snuggler. I wish she was I HATE That I can't just lay around and cuddle her. She can't even co-sleep. I'm really hoping that my next baby will be more "attached" to me. She is still nursing though and I LOVE It!!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #36
small_wonders_wipes
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=orteggleston;1248630]I was nursing DS#1 in the mall when he was about 15 months old...some lady walked over to me and asked "When do you plan to stop doing that?" She had this ugly smirk on her face like she was disgusted...

I replied with "In about 10 minutes or so, would you like to be next?"

She was speachless, and stormed away."

Oh my gosh!! That is hilarious!! What a great response to such a rude lady!!
small_wonders_wipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #37
benjason
Registered Users
seller

With my ODS, he nursed until a few weeks before his 3rd birthday. My mom was constantly asking when I was going to wean too, but when he was older (2 yrs), I never nursed him around my family (he could go long enough and not need to be nursed) and eventually she stopped asking since she never saw him nursing. I didn't bring it up and neither did she. It's really none of their business what you decide to do. You've got to make the best decision for your children. If they keep asking, I would just say "I don't know" and change the subject quickly