Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Anyone who has had hyperemesis

I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy, lost 28lbs before I gained any and was on zofran up until delivery.
I was wondering how many other mamas on here have had hyperemesis and if so have you had other pregnancies since then? Where they normal or did you have it again? Where you overweight when you started pregnancy?
This was my fourth baby but my first pregnancy with hyperemesis. I was somewhat overweight (30lbs) and I have read that most mamas that get it are overweight to begin with.
I am trying to figure out how likely I am to get it again if we decide to have another baby. I figure that maybe since I only had it with the fourth baby( the only time I have ever been that heavy) that maybe if I start out at a healthy weight I won't get it again.
My baby is just almost 5mos so I am not planning to get pg soon but wondering what others experience has been. Sorry so long-winded but any input would be greatly appreciated.TIA

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone who has had hyperemesis

I know I am not the only mama on here who has suffered thru hyperemesis.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE my second pregnancy.. lost 22 lbs and was on zofran pump too.. hospitalized for 4 days also!! But I was only 130 lbs then.. so not fat I believe that Melisa had it too.. (NBC)
Old 06-21-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

I'm a member of that club too

I threw up so badly that I was bleeding from the eyes, nose, esophogus... I burst all the blood vessels in and around my eyes. Was hospitalized several times and didnt stop puking until 25w. I was on unisom vit b for the entire pg. zofran, reglan, something else.

Yes, I was fluffy to begin with and Um, no, I'm not trying for anymore.
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

I have had it with my 3 pregnancies:

Ciaran I had it until 16w and then again at 36 to 41 weeks

^Aidan^ I had it worst of all, but he was very ill so that added to it, I had it one weeks after he passed so 21w

Eaghan I had it EVERY SINGLE DAY for 40w

Zofran doesn't do it for me. I am thinish. I get very sick because I really don't have the weight to lose, at most at anytime I am maybe 10-15 lbs overweight. With Eaghan I purposely gained weight while TTC because I knew I'd need it. I was 10lbs down from the start after I gave birth.
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #6
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had it, but only with the first. She was also the only girl. It was 5 months of broken veins in my face. I lived on slurpees & IV fluids. I have not had it with ANY of the boys, at all. Thank God. I was the thinest with the first pregnancy.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #7
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first pregnancy, I started the morning sickness around 6 1/2 wks. By the time I was 8 weeks, I had severe hyperemesis and had been hospitalized several times and lost ALOT of weight. I am very tiny to begin with (110 lbs.) and had dropped down to 89 lbs. Around 11 wks, they thought they were going to have to put a feeding tube in me because everytime I'd go home, I'd end up right back in the hospital....my doctor talked about a central line and having IV fluids at home, as well. I started Zofran around 14 weeks with my first and although it helped me a ton, I took it up until the day of delivery and was still sick daily (just not as sick.)
Then when I got pregnant with my son in 2004, I started getting sick at 5 wks. My doctor knew my history so rather than waiting to see if I was going to get better, I was put on Zofran at 7 wks. and stayed on it up until the day of delivery, as well. However, the difference was I hadn't had a chance to lose the weight in the first trimester since I was put on the Zofran much earlier in my second pregnancy so I gained 19 lbs. in my first pregnancy and 41 lbs. in my second pregnancy. There was a noticeable difference in me as well, I seemed altogether healthier than my first pregnancy eventhough I still was sick on a daily basis. We want more kids, but I want to wait until my son is around 3 or 4 to have another one because I have a feeling I'm destined to hyperemesis with all of my pregnancies. I know how you feel!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #8
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

I have had it with all 3 of my pregnancies...I always complain...but after I hold the baby for the first time it was all the sudden "ok"

Its HECK for 9 months....but, I think the reward is well worth it!
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:50 AM   #9
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didnt read the rest of the responses.

I didnt have it with my first, had it horribly with my second and was on zofran and almost a pain pump. Then had it briefly with my third and was on zofran and a couple of other meds, but it finally went away and I have felt great since. HTH!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #10
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had hyperemesis with C1 along w/severe asthma. I almost lost her because I stopped breathing. But, anyhow, I lived on dry toast and water. At four weeks I was driving to school and drove past this restaurant and the overpowering smell of bacon hit me. I had to pull over to puke. It was all downhill from there. I was even hospitalized in the beginning. They put me on Phenergan. Which was great for sleep, too. LOL!

With C2 7:30 a.m. was the magic hour. I threw up if I was up at that time, which, consequently coincided with the end of report on the floor (I'm an RN). So, at about 7:25 I'd start looking at my watch and everyone knew it was coming. I had nausea most of the day. I lived on saltines and the sight, smell, mention of chicken did me in.

With C3 I had some nausea, but it was livable. That pg was pretty easy. So, your discomfort will vary from pg to pg.
elioraimmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote